The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: Father Demon on June 30, 2006, 11:11:01 PM
Also found this:

I think I actually like it.  Clean and simple.....

I might actually have to cop that hot butter joint.  :yay
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BigEd76

Blues re-sign Dallas Drake and sign Jay McKee (a potential Flyers target)

mcnabbmvp

Hasek out and Gerber in for the Senators
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mcnabbmvp on July 02, 2006, 01:07:11 AM
Hasek out and Gerber in for the Senators

Gerber's ok, but they should have taken notice to which netminder actually won the Cup.

BigEd76

Elias re-signed with NJ for 7/$42M.  What lockout?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 02, 2006, 11:56:40 AM
Elias re-signed with NJ for 7/$42M.  What lockout?

Before the lockout, top players were making upwards of $10m a year.  An average of $6m (and a contract which is probably backloaded) is not even close to what Elias would have made before the cap was added.

Father Demon

More signings:

Jason Arnott to Nashville, five years for $22.5M
Mike Sillinger to the New York Islanders for a three year contract (no financial terms disclosed yet)

Rumor has Alyn McCauley signing with Los Angeles, but I can't find confirmation.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Father Demon

Doug Weight is back with St. Louis!

2 years, $7M...

Father Demon approves this signing.   :yay
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

BigEd76

Ruslan Salei (yet another Flyers target) to Florida....4/$12.1M

There are also rumors floating that Belfour will sign with Florida and Roenick will sign with Toronto.  The Leafs love ex-Flyer centers with concussion problems!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Father Demon on July 02, 2006, 05:21:56 PM

2 years, $7M...

The Blues need long-term answers, not rapidly-declining fogies.

Father Demon

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 03, 2006, 08:52:37 AM

2 years, $7M...

While I agree with you for the most part, in that the Blues need to develop young talent for the teams of the future, they need signings like this for a couple reasons.  A) they need veterans to lead the team, and b) they need to put asses in the seats.  The Blues had the worst attendance in the league, season ticket sales plummetted, and the city has suffered a bad case of the blues.  Plus, when you figure the Blues got a first round pick for Weight only a few months ago and signed him for roughly the same amount, this signing is absolutley a win.

Rome

But I thought St. Louis fans were the bestest ever?

:paranoid

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Father Demon on July 03, 2006, 11:11:10 AM
Quote from: FFatPatt on July 03, 2006, 08:52:37 AM

2 years, $7M...

While I agree with you for the most part, in that the Blues need to develop young talent for the teams of the future, they need signings like this for a couple reasons.  A) they need veterans to lead the team, and b) they need to put asses in the seats.  The Blues had the worst attendance in the league, season ticket sales plummetted, and the city has suffered a bad case of the blues.  Plus, when you figure the Blues got a first round pick for Weight only a few months ago and signed him for roughly the same amount, this signing is absolutley a win.

Actually, the city has suffered a case of the bad Blues.

BigEd76

TSN reporting Steve Yzerman retired

Seabiscuit36

Good for Yzerman.  Supposedly Shannahan is being heavily courted by Boston
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons