The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMoTzu on June 29, 2006, 05:25:40 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on June 29, 2006, 12:44:49 PM
Need pics of the beat writer before I can offer comment.

http://www.christiechorley.com/

Pronger's wife is probably hotter than that.  Bad decision by the star defenseman.

Her web site's slower than molasses.  I guess many people are checking out Pronger's newest baby mama.

Father Demon

From Christie Chorley's website:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM CHRISTIE CHORLEY
JUNE 29, 2006

ANY RUMORS AND/OR SPECULATION ABOUT MY INVOLVEMENT WITH THE CURRENT CHRIS PRONGER SITUATION IS COMPLETELY, ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT FALSE.

I would appreciate your help in putting an end to my name being linked to this situation, as it is completely WITHOUT ANY MERIT OR FACTUAL BASIS.

Any further slander or defamation can and will result in swift legal action.

Thank you.

Guess we'll know for sure in 6 or 7 months, maybe less...of course, even if she starts showing, it doesn't mean one of Pronger's Midshipmen was responsible...  Either way, I can't fault him.  I've hit uglier than that.  I'm still shouting the GET PRONGER chorus from St. Louis.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

She might have had an abortion, or is planning to.

BigEd76

Father Demon

I don't really mind that new Buffalo...   
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Father Demon

Nicklas Lidstrom signed a two-year contract with the
Detroit red Wings on Friday, one day before the start of the National Hockey League's free agent signing period.

I'd just like to say, Ruck the Fed Winds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Tough to integrate the ideas of the buffalo and the sabre without stabbing the endangered specie.

Father Demon

Also found this:

I think I actually like it.  Clean and simple.....

Father Demon

Blues sold to Checketts-led group

QuoteThe sale of the St. Louis Blues to a group led by Dave Checketts was completed Friday, and the new owners immediately named top NHL broadcaster John Davidson as team president.

Checketts, the former head of the New York Knicks and Madison Square Garden, reached a deal to buy the team on March 24 and had the sale approved by the NHL board of governors last week.

Checketts said general manager Larry Pleau will be retained in his present job, but Davidson added that coach Mike Kitchen was a "candidate" to retain his job. Pleau and the rest of Blues operations staff will report to Davidson.

About farging time.  Thanks, Dollar Bill for trying two whole years and then turning your back on the franchise.  Go farg you billionaire wife a couple more times so you can continue on your life of trying things, then quitting.  Let's hope Checketts can bring the Blues back up to playoff level (and maybe even some success in the playoffs).  I don't like keeping Pleau as GM (he may be one of the worst GM's out there, waiting for deals to fall into his lap), and I'm undecided about possibly keeping Kitchen as the coach.  It was a mistake to fire Quennville, but Kitchen had nothing to work with last season (and it showed).  I guess I'll give him a pass until I see what he can do with NHL-level talent.

Now, GO GET PRONGER!!!!!

PoopyfaceMcGee

How many cups did the Blues win with Pronger when he was in his prime?

Father Demon

Without taking the bait you so graciously offered, do you honestly think a defenseman like Pronger couldn't help a team that has a bunch of young players, especially one named Erik Johnson, looking to learn the ropes of the NHL?

Al MacInnis played the same role with a formerly young defenseman, who apparently had a ton of potential but was missing the maturity to be a force in the NHL.  Oh yeah...  that guy was named Chris Pronger. 

Geowhizzer

Al MacInnis- there was a guy with a hellacious slapshot.

BigEd76

Langenbrunner re-signed with Jersey
Chara to Boston
Kubina to Toronto
Jovanovski to Phoenix

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Better nothing that signing more old and slow defensemen.