St. Louis selects USA National team defenseman Erik Johnson #1 overall

Some trades:

Dallas gets Patrik Stefan and Jaroslav Modry
Atlanta gets Niko Kapanen and 7th rd pick

Calgary gets Alex Tanguay
Colorado gets Jordan Leopold, 2nd rd pick this year and 2nd rd pick next year

Father Demon

Couple thoughts:

1) I like the Johnson pick by St. Louis.  They need defense (and scoring, and support, etc), and this kid appears to be the real deal.  You read it here first -- Barrett Jackman's best years are behind him.
2) I would skeet all over myself if somehow, some way, the Blues get Pronger back.  shtein, I'd probably skeet all over my dog, too, just to show my appreciation.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

1) I like the Johnson pick by St. Louis

ya think?

hes the best defensive prospect in over 20 years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 25, 2006, 12:21:34 AM
1) I like the Johnson pick by St. Louis

ya think?

hes the best defensive prospect in over 20 years

At least the best since Chris Pronger.

Give the Blues both Johnson and Pronger?  I'll sell my soul to the devil, and I'm a minister. 
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

phattymatty

Edmonton Oilers defenseman Chris Pronger has said he wants to be traded out of Edmonton, and his agent has been quoted as saying, "There is a very pressing issue that would make it nearly impossible for the Prongers to remain in Edmonton." Many have speculated that Pronger's wife can't stand to live in Edmonton, but according to an email sent out by a TSN anchor, there could be another factor as well.

QuoteWell, the reason Pronger's wife wants to leave Edmonton is not b/c she hates the city or the people. Apparently Pronger got a female beat reporter who covers the oilers pregnant. This is why it would be difficult for the Pronger family to settle down in Edmonton.

Just rumor and innuendo at this point, of course, but it's worth noting that perhaps Mr. Pronger should have compared noted with Derek Lowe at the beginning of the season. That never works out well.

BigEd76

Leno-ish headline seen in a newspaper last Sunday:

American Johnson picked first

PoopyfaceMcGee

Need pics of the beat writer before I can offer comment.

ice grillin you

what kind of woman would make a man move away from his child
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

BigEd76

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 29, 2006, 12:44:49 PM
Need pics of the beat writer before I can offer comment.

According to the Edmonton Sun website, they don't appear to have any female columnists or hockey reporters.  I did find this though..

SUNshine Girls

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

This is the best Edmonton has to offer?  :sly

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 29, 2006, 01:41:08 PM
This is the best Edmonton has to offer?

Look at the jawline.  That's a man.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Wade Redden re-signed with Ottawa.  2 yrs, $13M, setting the market for a top offensive-minded defenseman.  yay.