The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

phattymatty

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on January 30, 2006, 02:50:45 PM
Scott Young is now the leading scorer on the Blues...and Dean McAmmond leads them in goals scored with 14...

McAmmond is still in the league?  i used to tear it up with him in Sega NHL 94.

ice grillin you

tocchet has been charged in the bookmaking scheme...an operation that has ties to the mob...other nhl'ers and some movie stars apparently also included in the investigation

tocchet btw is easily my all-time favorite athlete
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEx-Flyer Tied To National Gambling Ring

POSTED: 12:01 pm EST February 7, 2006
UPDATED: 12:20 pm EST February 7, 2006

The New Jersey attorney general says former Flyers captain Rick Tocchet and a state police trooper will face charges related to a gambling ring allegedly tied to organized crime.

In details coming in from a press conference in Trenton, N.J., state trooper James Harney of Marlton and a man identified as James Ulmer of Swedesboro were arrested in connection with the ring.

A complaint summons has been issued about Tocchet and he is expected to come to New Jersey to surrender on the charges.

According to authorities, an investigation in October 2005 indicated that Harney and Ulmer were involved in the bookmaking ring.

As the investigation continued, it was uncovered that Harney's partner and financier was Tocchet.

Beyond the bookmaking and corruption charges the investigation revealed alleged ties to the Bruno-Scarfo crime family, officials said at the press conference.

Authorities also said they were investigating current and former NHL players, and a Hollywood movie star, as clients of the alleged ring.

The operation was run out of South Jersey and Philadelphia but extended nationwide.

Tocchet played 18 seasons in the NHL and is one of the most popular players in Flyers' history.

He is currently an assistant coach in Phoenix.

I wonder if Roenick is one of them? Remember his tout service stuff from 2003?

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2006, 12:50:57 PM
tocchet has been charged in the bookmaking scheme...an operation that has ties to the mob...other nhl'ers and some movie stars apparently also included in the investigation

tocchet btw is easily my all-time favorite athlete

and in light of this...now one of mine
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phattymatty

tocchet's my favorite flyer too.  but i gotta go with sir charles as favorite overall.

PoopyfaceMcGee

TO all the way.  Or Lindros, Rolen, or Stackhouse.

rjs246

Juan Samuel.

Or Pavel Brendl.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

rjs246

Ron Powlus is way up there, too.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty