Dayton
at St. Joe's (A10TV)-----Big Five Game
at Dusquene
at Richmond (A10TV)
St. Joe's (A10TV)
UMass
at Rhode Island
LaSalle (A10TV)

Both the Penn and Villanova games should be picked up by CN8 or CSN. The Georgetown, both UMass and both Rhode Island games have shots to be picked up by CN8.

I'm looking at a little over a .500 team heading into the A10 Tourney, which looks to be up for grabs with no real strong team in the conference.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

GoinLong

Quote from: MDS on September 08, 2004, 03:35:01 PM
I'm looking at a little over a .500 team heading into the A10 Tourney, which looks to be up for grabs with no real strong team in the conference.

Villanova should be the team to beat this year, unless the Owls come together as a unit more quickly than they traditionally do.
The house was built by players like  ,  [Joyner], [Brown], [Simmons]," he says. "They set that legacy of Eagles defense, then passed it on to us and we built from it. Now, it's their turn to uphold the reputation."- TV

MDS

Quote from: GoinLong on September 12, 2004, 10:49:45 AM

Villanova should be the team to beat this year, unless the Owls come together as a unit more quickly than they traditionally do.

Ahhh their in different conferences. Nova will probably be the best team in the Big Five, but thats just city braging rights.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

GoinLong

Quote from: MDS on September 12, 2004, 11:38:43 AM
Quote from: GoinLong on September 12, 2004, 10:49:45 AM

Ahhh their in different conferences. Nova will probably be the best team in the Big Five, but thats just city braging rights.

Yeah  I know. I tend to think of all of the Philly teams in an unofficial conference.Actually, Drexel is really on the rise within the city. I'd say that the Ohio teams are always tough, although Xavier lost coach Thad Matta to Ohio State and I thought he did a fine job for them.
The house was built by players like  ,  [Joyner], [Brown], [Simmons]," he says. "They set that legacy of Eagles defense, then passed it on to us and we built from it. Now, it's their turn to uphold the reputation."- TV

MDS

Thad Matta did a very good job, but hes now in a power conference. Xavier will host this years A10 Tournament, which is as I said wide open.

Big Five Classic:
Temple-Nova
St. Joe's-Drexel
LaSalle-Penn

Times TBA

GoinLong

Quote from: MDS on September 15, 2004, 10:11:25 PM
Big Five Classic:Times TBA

That's usually the first week-10 days in December. I love going to the Palestra. It is just about my favorite place in Philadelphia.

MDS

Palestra is the best place for College Ball in the entire world. No doubt. The date is set, it's either Dec. 5 or 12 (I forgot which one). The times of the games are not though.

MDS

St Joes dates were switched.....

A little inside info from yours truly: Michael Blackshear (rebounder, role player) apparantley stole someones credit card......not sure if he was kicked out of school, but hes having a meeting with Chaney soon to talk things over. Again, we have to take the bottom of the barrell personalities who do stupid things.

henchmanUK

Quote from: GoinLong on September 15, 2004, 10:36:08 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 15, 2004, 10:11:25 PM
Big Five Classic:Times TBA

That's usually the first week-10 days in December. I love going to the Palestra. It is just about my favorite place in Philadelphia.

I would love to go to that one day, combining a trip to the Linc. Are tix hard to come by? ???
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

GoinLong

It depends on who's playing. Usually, the "premiere" game is in the evening and that can be a hard ticket to acquire. I am not sure how many tickets that each university is given to sell. But that is probably the surest way of getting a seat.

MDS

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/news/ncaa/2004/101104-blackshear.asp

Blackshear suspended, I knew it, my first ever inside source rumor crap is true. Hooray me!

GoinLong

I really respect coach Chaney for that. He wants to produce good and responsible human beings who earn their degrees.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Doesn't surprise me. This guy had things lined up for him, but he stole some kids credit card and got kicked out of school. Now he's dead. Farging shame.