Rest of Baseball - For ALL TIME!

Started by Geowhizzer, March 30, 2018, 05:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

General_Failure

"Let the kids play," he said about a sport where the average age is 29.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

im tired AF but well worth it to hang in until 1am

rockies/brewers will be a great series but an all time horrible ratings matchup
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

MLB needed Cubbies in a big way.  People are sick of the Dodgers.  Yankees stay in and BoSox will help the ratings but the thought of a Cubs/Sawx or Cubs/Evil Empire has MLB pounding the board room table.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm sick of the Yanks and Sox

Too bad the A's do what they normally do in these games

Don Ho

Dear Gabe,

See Beane Ball.

Love,

Us

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 03, 2018, 11:12:58 PM
I'm sick of the Yanks and Sox

Too bad the A's do what they normally do in these games

they get overplayed in the regular season but in the playoffs there is no series id rather see other than phils mets

oakland boston would be horrid

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

the yanks/sox were on sunday night baseball twice this year
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2018, 09:17:34 AM
the yanks/sox were on sunday night baseball twice this year

lol they played three times on sunday this year

i would say minimum 80% of the yankee red sox games every year are on national tv somewhere

MDS

its actually 100% if you count mlb network taking the local team feed

i have no idea of its 2 or 3 im taking that from a busta rhymes tweet...but back 10 years ago they were on snb 5 or 6 times

ice grillin you

i actually cant believe it wasnt all (3) but yeah they only played on a sunday three times this year

phattymatty

that cubs brewers game was the first game i watched in its entirely all year.  fun but i don't know how people find time to watch 3 hours of that shtein on the regular.

how farging stupid is it to play 162 games and then have a one game playoff? most ridiculous thing ever.

QB Eagles

Quote from: phattymatty on October 04, 2018, 12:55:53 PM
how farging stupid is it to play 162 games and then have a one game playoff? most ridiculous thing ever.

In terms of crowning the actual best team, they had it right in the old days. Huge number of season games; each league then sends the best record straight to the World Series.

That has not been baseball's priority for 50 years, for obvious reasons.