Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 26, 2018, 12:42:23 PM
McNabb trashed the hire. That should have tipped us off.

speaking of 5, I heard on the radio that he was at the game ? and didn't seem to be displaying the same joy as the rest of the stadium.

bitter sweet for him again, I guess.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

when they win the odds that he drinks himself to death will drop to +150
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 26, 2018, 01:16:20 PM

me and him both
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hbionic

Quote from: smeags on January 26, 2018, 12:39:20 PM
in 9days doug will hopefully be serving the biggest bowl of crow ever, and nobody will complain about eating it.

at least not until the eagles start off 3-5 next season.

:-D

Personally, if they win it this year, they would be fine never winning it again ever, and it would have been the best thing to ever happen. Ever!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on January 26, 2018, 01:16:20 PM

Maybe not to death but there has to be a prop bet on a #5 postgame DUI.

phattymatty

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 14, 2016, 05:37:40 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

amazing job by Jeffrey and Howie

And by amazing I mean farged up

delete
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 14, 2016, 06:27:52 PM
I hope that years from now someone will mine this quote and make fun of me because of how successful the hire was, but right now I'm not sure I've ever been more embarrassed as an Eagles fan. They hired a guy with no experience who doesn't even call the plays, on a team with an offense that isn't even good.

This hire is some amateur hour shtein. Was he even a good high school coach? At least he seems like a nice guy.

I'm friends with some Chiefs fans and they aren't concerned in the slightest about him leaving.

Wish granted. :-)

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2016, 05:46:15 PM
how bad is the staff going to be under this cat...he has no experience and thus no ties to anyone or cache with anyone...so who fills out the all important coordinator positions and on down

L

MDS

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on January 14, 2016, 06:00:00 PM
Personality wise Pederson just doesn't come off like a leader of men. Honestly I would have preferred Shurmer. They're both awful hires either way.

incorrect take

MDS

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 14, 2016, 05:42:13 PM
Totally bland hire. He's not even intriguing because he's such an unknown. But he's not Chip Kelly, so I'm not going to hate on him until he actually gives me reason to.

Go Doug!!

I might be the winner here.

Diomedes

from a PFT blurb

Quote"You learn if you play passive, if you play conservative, if you call plays conservatively, you are going to be 8-8, 9-7 every year," Pederson said. "Every year. Frank and I just having that collaborative spirit to talk about things and talk with our quarterbacks and just come up with ways of keeping this game fresh and fun and exciting for our players. And that's really where it all stems from."

I find this quote revealing.  What I hear Doug saying here is that being aggressive is not just a style of play that is unusual in a field of risk-averse teams at play during a pretty buttoned-up era of the game, but that it's essentially a personnel management strategy.  He's saying, when we go for the throat, the play call is a message to the players that the coaches believe in them, it's a psychological call as much as a football one.  Doug wins the team by giving them what they want on the field.  They want to beat the other team, not just win.  They want to answer a failed pass to the QB with a successful one.  They want to score touchdowns on 3rd and 8 from 40 yards out.  Pederson routinely gives them the chance to do that, which is a signal to them that he's their guy. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger