Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 21, 2017, 12:14:10 PM
The Eagles were 5 adequate players short of being legit contenders under Buddy.  LT, LG, C, RG, RT.

Ron Heller was adequate. The rest of the line I agree.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 21, 2017, 12:10:30 PM
doug is a feeble simpleton being completely carried by jim schwartz and carson wentz.....seems like a nice guy tho

Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:08:38 PM
Even Kotite had a better win % than Buddy, and no one is calling him a good coach, ever.

yeah thats kinda the point

So you think he's awful because, in your opinion, he's being carried by the staff that he hired? Well, if he is a "feeble simpleton", then you at the very least have to give him credit for hiring good people to work around him.

I think you head is so hard that your lucky hair can grow through it. No one is gonna' call him the NFL's Einstein, but in his second year he's taken the league by storm, drafted a qb who will most likely be the best Philly has ever had, and completely turned this team around.

Rome

Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 21, 2017, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: AO1 on November 21, 2017, 11:58:23 AM
Buddy is my all time favorite coach. I think even Havas will admit he wasn't a great HC. He was a great DC, but just a good HC. What he represents is why he's so loved in the city. Hard hitting, shtein talking, attitude D that just put a hurt on people. Buddy was a rebel as a coach, rebelled against the league, his owner, and other coaches. He just didn't give a farg. That's why we love him.

I feel like this shouldn't have to be explained to people who are old enough to remember it, but here we are. 

The question is why does Igy feel Pederson is "awful".

Who fargin cares?

shorebird

Quote from: Rome on November 21, 2017, 12:24:52 PM
Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 21, 2017, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: AO1 on November 21, 2017, 11:58:23 AM
Buddy is my all time favorite coach. I think even Havas will admit he wasn't a great HC. He was a great DC, but just a good HC. What he represents is why he's so loved in the city. Hard hitting, shtein talking, attitude D that just put a hurt on people. Buddy was a rebel as a coach, rebelled against the league, his owner, and other coaches. He just didn't give a farg. That's why we love him.

I feel like this shouldn't have to be explained to people who are old enough to remember it, but here we are. 

The question is why does Igy feel Pederson is "awful".

Who fargin cares?

I do. Because, say what you want, igy does know football, and still he has to be the only person on the planet who thinks it and I'm not really seeing any real facts to back his opinion up, other than him just not wanting or being able to admit he might be wrong.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

shorebird

link

He did according to Swartz's bio.

QuoteJim Schwartz was hired by Eagles head coach Doug Pederson in the 2016 offseason and comes to Philadelphia with 22 years of NFL coaching experience, including five years as the head coach of the Detroit Lions (2009-13).

smeags

well that's what I get for listening to ike reese. he stated Swartz was hired by Howie before perderson was.

either way, Pederson has to be given his due for how this team is rolling this year.

SD

Reid did stupid shtein all the time. Probably more so than Doug even to this day. He only focused on offense and hired great assistants. He used to call JJ the assistant HC because he completely handled the Defense. Nobody would call Reid a bad coach. It's about perception, Reid doesn't come off like a doofus, Doug does.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2016, 05:46:15 PM
how bad is the staff going to be under this cat...he has no experience and thus no ties to anyone or cache with anyone...so who fills out the all important coordinator positions and on down

The people he hires that are now carrying him.

shorebird

Quote from: smeags on November 21, 2017, 12:41:09 PM
well that's what I get for listening to ike reese. he stated Swartz was hired by Howie before perderson was.

either way, Pederson has to be given his due for how this team is rolling this year.

Not saying Ike isn't right, just posting what his bio said.

SD

Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:49:05 PM
how bad is the staff going to be under this cat...he has no experience and thus no ties to anyone or cache with anyone...so who fills out the all important coordinator positions and on down

You shore are making a big deal out of all this

shorebird

Quote from: AO1 on November 21, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
Reid did stupid shtein all the time. Probably more so than Doug even to this day. He only focused on offense and hired great assistants. He used to call JJ the assistant HC because he completely handled the Defense. Nobody would call Reid a bad coach. It's about perception, Reid doesn't come off like a doofus, Doug does.

Yeah he does, but he's nowhere near an awful head coach or a feeble minded simpleton like igy thinks.

shorebird

Quote from: AO1 on November 21, 2017, 12:50:56 PM
Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:49:05 PM

You shore are making a big deal out of all this

Ok, ok, I'll leave it alone.

smeags

shorebird

...but man, go back and read the first five or so pages of this thread. Whooops!