Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

SD

Buddy is my all time favorite coach. I think even Havas will admit he wasn't a great HC. He was a great DC, but just a good HC. What he represents is why he's so loved in the city. Hard hitting, shtein talking, attitude D that just put a hurt on people. Buddy was a rebel as a coach, rebelled against the league, his owner, and other coaches. He just didn't give a farg. That's why we love him.

shorebird

Quote from: MDS on November 21, 2017, 11:42:36 AM
its pretty easy to forget about buddy's stint with the cardinals...im sure he did too even before the dementia

Mine or his?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: AO1 on November 21, 2017, 11:58:23 AM
Buddy is my all time favorite coach. I think even Havas will admit he wasn't a great HC. He was a great DC, but just a good HC. What he represents is why he's so loved in the city. Hard hitting, shtein talking, attitude D that just put a hurt on people. Buddy was a rebel as a coach, rebelled against the league, his owner, and other coaches. He just didn't give a farg. That's why we love him.

I feel like this shouldn't have to be explained to people who are old enough to remember it, but here we are. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 21, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
I wonder if there's a young generation of Eagles fans right now who, in like 30 years, are going to hold Doug Pederson in the same regard as IGY holds Buddy. 

well thats a depressing thought

luckily i wont be around for it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

I don't think he was even a "good" head coach. Yeah, I loved his attitude but what do you think a coach like Billik, or Big Tuna woulda' done with that squad? Pro Bowlers everywhere and a few future HOF'rs.

ice grillin you

shorebird

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 21, 2017, 11:59:54 AM

I feel like this shouldn't have to be explained to people who are old enough to remember it, but here we are. 

The question is why does Igy feel Pederson is "awful". Nobody has to 'splain' anything about Buddy to me.

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 21, 2017, 12:01:52 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 21, 2017, 11:55:05 AM
doug will have at least a playoff win so

so does rich kotite

Exactly, with almost the same team Buddy couldn't do it with.

smeags

I admit I wanted no parts of Pederson when he was hired. that said he's part of the reason this team is where it is right now.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 21, 2017, 11:59:54 AM

The question is why does Igy feel Pederson is "awful". Nobody has to 'splain' anything about Buddy to me.

At this point, I think he's just being stubborn.  He dug in real deep on the anti-doug thing from the get go.  And there was a lot of things that happened last year that supported it, but outside of a few questionable decisions against KC and the 1st NYG game, Doug has been really damn good this year.

IGY can be about as stubborn as an elephant sometimes though.

shorebird

Even Kotite had a better win % than Buddy, and no one is calling him a good coach, ever.

ice grillin you

doug is a feeble simpleton being completely carried by jim schwartz and carson wentz.....seems like a nice guy tho

Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:08:38 PM
Even Kotite had a better win % than Buddy, and no one is calling him a good coach, ever.

yeah thats kinda the point

SD

Quote from: shorebird on November 21, 2017, 12:01:14 PM

I don't think he was even a "good" head coach. Yeah, I loved his attitude but what do you think a coach like Billik, or Big Tuna woulda' done with that squad? Pro Bowlers everywhere and a few future HOF'rs.

Don't know about that. He turned late round/undrafted players/picks like Joyner/B&E/Simmons/Waters etc. into Pro Bowlers. His problem was more so than any coach in history he just didn't give a flying farg about offense. He took a crap team and won the East which was an absolute power house of a division.

Sgt PSN

The Eagles were 5 adequate players short of being legit contenders under Buddy.  LT, LG, C, RG, RT.