Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

I didn't catch the game yesterday. Did I miss anything good?

smeags

Quote from: Eagaholic on December 05, 2016, 12:34:58 PM
I didn't catch the game yesterday. Did I miss anything good?

agholor made a catch.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

smeags

coach fredo is in way over his head. maybe he could make a good OC someday, maybe not, but he's not a HC.

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on December 06, 2016, 09:19:30 AM
maybe he could make a good OC someday, maybe not

you can literally say this about thousands of people in the country
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

ice grillin you

no what you said was the exact opposite of interesting and shockingly thoughtless even for you

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

ice grillin you

this sounds an awful lot like doug doesnt know what 12 personnel means?

QuoteAsked about #Eagles' use of "12" personnel last week,  Doug Pederson paused, then said he doesn't use numbers system on offense.

AshishPatel81

The media has essentially launched a campaign about anyone who wants Doug Pederson fired.

"You can't fire coaches after one season!"

"You don't want to become the Cleveland Browns!"

"It's not Doug's fault!"

1. Yes you can fire coaches after one season. Why not? If a coach sucks he sucks. The guy should have never been hired in the first place. The goal is to get the best coach for the job that you possibly can, and a guy you think can lead the Eagles in the direction of a Superbowl. If Lurie and co. doesn't think Doug can do that, he absolutely can be fired after one season.

2. The Cleveland Browns are the biggest joke in professional sports most likely. While the Eagles have been in some ugly times of late, it would take a lot to become the Cleveland Browns, and pass a few more awful teams along the way to reaching it. Maybe if they keep Doug Pederson, they will become the Cleveland Browns, if he ends up being that terrible of a coach. There are two ways of looking at it.

3. It may not be completely Doug's fault, as on offense he doesn't have a lot to work with, but you don't always have to be completely at fault for you to lose your job. People lose their jobs all the time simply for the fact that the person doing the decision-making thinks there is another candidate out there better. Not just in sports, but in any profession. If Lurie thinks Doug Pederson isn't completely at fault, but likes a candidate out there way more than him after this season, yes, he absolutely can be fired.

By the way, these are the same media folk who absolutely trashed the hire when it was made, and said the whole coaching search process was a joke... which it was... but if Lurie went back on his verbal agreement with Doug a couple days later and hired someone else, everyone would have been like "Jeff Lurie saved himself from hiring an unqualified Doug Pederson!" But now the narrative is "Not Doug's fault! Can't fire him!" Yes you farging can.

If this team goes into the tank down the stretch and gets annihilated by 3 division opponents at home, Pederson can hit the road and we all can pretend this joke of an experiment never happened.

QB Eagles

1. Doug is a terrible coach. I have seen absolutely nothing since the first rumors of him getting the job to indicate that he is a legitimate NFL head coach.
2. If the players are actually upset about Doug's vague, mild effort statement, they are emotionally weak. This is the kind of stupid bullshtein a losing team focuses on instead of what it can do to improve.
3. Doug isn't the reason this team sucks. The offensive personnel are horrible. They would still be horrible with a good coach.
4. Doug should still be fired, because of #1.

QB Eagles

What is a more demoralizing thought in the locker room?

A. "Coach doesn't think I give enough effort."
OR
B. "Coach farging sucks."

I submit that it is B. And it's something that anyone with a brain in that locker room was thinking before this week.

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

I'm pretty sure everyone said it when he was hired

Rome

After we got done laughing and shaking our heads, you mean.

I gave the guy a shot, but yeah, he's done.  The players deserve better and so do we.  Not gonna happen, though.