Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles Legend

Started by MDS, January 14, 2016, 05:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

other than maybe his wife is there anyone on the planet that thinks he will succeed?

i don't even think lurie believes that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

5 year deal

So Lurie will have to eat 2 years of money after the 3rd year firing

rjs246

I'd say he only lasts two years, but I've said that from the jump. This is a stop-gap signing until they can lure in a real coach. Now it's up to Howie and collaborators to piece a decent roster together. Let's Go Flyers.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

AshishPatel81

I was absolutely blown away by the press conference. Well-spoken, quick-thinking, took complete command of the room. He just LOOKS like a head coach. Like a leader.

Rome

His time management explanation attempt was the most feeble non-answer I think I've ever heard.

He had a chance right there to come clean and say, "well, I farged it up.  I should have used my time outs and had the offense be more alert with the time running down."

Instead he said, ummm.... errrrr... Tom Brady....  DERP. 

Good God we are never getting a Super Bowl win. 

smeags

Quote from: AshishPatel81 on January 19, 2016, 04:02:32 PM
I was absolutely blown away by the press conference. Well-spoken, quick-thinking, took complete command of the room. He just LOOKS like a head coach. Like a leader.

Sarcasm ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

He wasn't great but I don't think he was as bad as you guys are saying.

Not sure if any of you have ever had to speak in front of a large group of people or not, but it ain't easy. When I was recruiting in the Marines, I gave a presentation every Friday to roughly 300 people. I rehearsed it about 20x before my first presentation. I could give it in front of my peers without needing to look back at the slide projection behind me.  Then I stood in front of a shtein load of total strangers and I farging sucked. I was stuttering and stumbling through everything. I was saying things that made no sense. I was answering questions so poorly that people were asking me to clarify over and over. I was brutal and I broke every rule about public speaking. I got progressively better each week. After 4-6 weeks I was presenting info flawlessly and I cut my speaking time in half. Point is, it's a skill that most people need to experience to get good at so I'm going to give him a bit of a pass for sounding like a mush mouth. 

I think he'll be competent at worst in the leadership department. I think he'll have really good rapport with the players and their respect. Will be take that to the next level and have them ready to run through a brick wall for him?  Time will tell.

He didn't give much info in terms of what his offense is going to be, other than it having WCO foundation, but will incorporate other styles. I have no idea what to think about the offense that we'll be seeing.

I definitely didn't care for his explanation of the final few minutes of the Pats game. He was basically making the on sides kick the do or die play of the game, which is something I think nearly every coach in the country would try to avoid. Get in the endzone, kick deep, and give your defense a shot to go 3 and out. 

Everything else was pretty meh.

I loved the fact that in the beginning, Lurie put a lot of emphasis on wanting a coach that's approachable.  Not so thinly veiled shot at Chip.  Awesome.

Rome

Belichick is as approachable as a pit viper.  He's a colossal dick who couldn't care less about Boston, the fans, or anything else except winning Super Bowls.

I'll take one of those, please. 

ice grillin you

another great pedersonism on sportscenter tonight

"that's an important position on any football team....you know....that quarterback position"

Eagaholic

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I did a search and still couldn't find the Fire Doug Peterson thread. But it looks like Jeff's long term plan is to rebuild the team by stockpiling a few years worth of top draft picks then hiring an NFL coach.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on January 19, 2016, 06:43:37 PM
Belichick is as approachable as a pit viper.  He's a colossal dick who couldn't care less about Boston, the fans, or anything else except winning Super Bowls.

I'll take one of those, please. 

I thought we just had one of those. Problem is, he didn't win the Super Bowl in year 2.

ice grillin you

both guys are dicks but the key difference btwn belly and chip is that most of bellys players would lay in traffic for him where as chips players almost to a man despised

Rome

Kelly is the smart kid everyone hates.  Bellichick is the smart kid who sells the best pot. 

MDS

pederson seems like substitute teacher that got a job full time and nobody is going to take him seriously

how many weeks into the season before schwartz is openly undermining him. 4? 1?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the one potentially really good thing that came out of today was lurie refusing to say that Howie would be the point man for PP...and then Howies media session pretty much backing this up...we will see who they hire...if they go after a ballard then Howie is in trouble....if they go after an up and comer like hortiz or fitterer then the collab will be in full effect