iPhone
3 (42.9%)
Samsung Galaxy s3
2 (28.6%)
Other....(please specify)
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Zanshin

Honestly all of the phones can do pretty much the same amazing shtein these days. It's hard to go wrong with one of the newer devices, it's just a matter of what flavor of cool you want.

Zanshin

I saw one of those stupid memes that I thought was pretty accurate. Something along the lines of. If someone from the past could see our everyday technology, what would surprise them more: 1) We have a device that fits into our pockets and can access the entirety of human knowledge and achievement, of 2) that we mostly use that device to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Tomahawk

um they'd probably be most surprised that they're in the year two thousand

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Zanshin on February 14, 2013, 10:54:41 AM
I saw one of those stupid memes that I thought was pretty accurate. Something along the lines of. If someone from the past could see our everyday technology, what would surprise them more: 1) We have a device that fits into our pockets and can access the entirety of human knowledge and achievement, of 2) that we mostly use that device to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Saw that too a while back.  Ironically enough the posts immediately before and after it on my newsfeed were both pictures of cats. 

ice grillin you

i think they would be most suprised that you dont have to go into 7-11 for change to call home anymore

and that no one ever has to ask someone else what time it is

not having a cell phone i cant tell you how many weird looks ive gotten when asking a bartender or a patron next to me if they have the time
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Damn dook.  At least drop $5 on a swatch watch or something. 

Tomahawk

You really don't have one? I thought you were farging around. It obviously none of my business, but why no cell?

Regardless, every man should own a watch.

ice grillin you

i dont even want a house phone....much less a cell phone...i just cant stand them...

wifey has one so its not like if i really really needed one i couldnt borrow hers...but even hers is a cheesy pay as you go phone mostly used for just emergencys...like if we are going out together most times she doesnt even bring it

and i might hate jewlery/watches more than cell phones

Sgt PSN

Get a pocket watch just like old school whitey.

Also, the bartender is looking at you funny because there's probably a clock on the wall behind him, not because you don't have a watch.  Just subtract about 15 minutes and you're good. 

ice grillin you

no i was just about to say youd be amazed at how many bars dont have clocks anymore (im assuming its because of cell phones)....if i cant get the time on tv like the cnn or espn scroll i usually try and catch it on the cash register

maybe ill go flavor flav and rock the time around my neck

Tomahawk

yeah boyyyyyy

but not only are watches pimpin', they also alert everybody you know what time it is in case shtein goes down

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 14, 2013, 11:27:24 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on February 14, 2013, 10:54:41 AM

Saw that too a while back.  Ironically enough the posts immediately before and after it on my newsfeed were both pictures of cats. 
Tam posts 90% of the cat memes on the internet
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 14, 2013, 11:45:34 AM
i dont even want a house phone....much less a cell phone...i just cant stand them...

wifey has one so its not like if i really really needed one i couldnt borrow hers...but even hers is a cheesy pay as you go phone mostly used for just emergencys...like if we are going out together most times she doesnt even bring it

and i might hate jewlery/watches more than cell phones
What about a gold pager chain? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 14, 2013, 01:23:37 PM
Tam posts 90% of the cat memes on the internet

Ha!  I didn't even realize you were friends with her on FB. 

Seabiscuit36

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  Gotta say Sunny, the first gen of Androids had more bugs than the latest.  I had the OG Droid, and that thing was a tank.  Upgraded last year to the Nexus, haven't had any issues other than it frying up while charging the other day.  Luckily Verizon replaced it for me, so long as i paid for the insurance between now and my reup in Sept.  Adds up to 60 bucks, not bad.  Only thing that sucks is losing my pictures that i'd taken over the past year
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 14, 2013, 01:31:46 PM
I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.  Gotta say Sunny, the first gen of Androids had more bugs than the latest.  I had the OG Droid, and that thing was a tank.  Upgraded last year to the Nexus, haven't had any issues other than it frying up while charging the other day.  Luckily Verizon replaced it for me, so long as i paid for the insurance between now and my reup in Sept.  Adds up to 60 bucks, not bad.  Only thing that sucks is losing my pictures that i'd taken over the past year

Use Dropbox or Google+ to back that up. Every time I take a picture, it automatically syncs with Dropbox...so there's never a worry about losing the pics, even if the phone is flat out lost.