The Race(ism)/Hate Thread

Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Baltimore County cop got killed recently, white chick.  Four black kids from the City up in the County, three of them inside robbing a house, one in the car.  Kid in the car ran the cop over was approached by the cop, gun drawn, etc.  Ran her over.  Dead.

The blood lust for these four kids is strong.  15 and 16 years old.  Been charged all with first degree murder--that's gonna be a hard sell even to a County jury I think--as adults.

For reference, the brain doesn't stop growing--and in particular the part of the brain that governs critical thought like, should I run over this cop--until 25 years old. 

Four black children.

One dead cop.

Yay America.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Life in prison. 

The end. 

Diomedes

I don't know.  What purpose do that serve?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Even if the kids were white, they'd probably be tried as adults.

Life in prison doesn't serve a purpose, except to punish

Diomedes

I doubt it. 

Also, mark me down as being strongly against life sentences for children.  A 15 year old is a child.  A 16 year old is a child. 

Tomahawk

I'm not pro-life sentences for anybody, but LS must placate the family by giving them a sense that justice has been dealt. Should the age of adulthood be changed from 18 to 25?

These girls are white, were 13 at the time, and tried as adults, and they didn't even kill anybody:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/slenderman-youth-adults-prison-wisconsin_us_55cbc70ce4b0cacb8d32ee35

I'm not trying to say the judicial system is blind to race because it's obviously biased to incarcerate as many black people as possible, but when kids commit crimes, I think race plays less of a role on whether they're tried as adults than the heinousness of the crime

ice grillin you

judicial system is big business...would the powers that be rather have brown and blacks be the incarcerated ones sure...but at the end of the day mo prisoners mo money
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

MDS

the internet tricked me again...i guess nobody is homophobic anymore
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on June 07, 2018, 09:30:47 AM
the internet tricked me again...i guess nobody is homophobic anymore

Don't disagree in the least that there has been an increase of this crap under Trump.  This one just shows that some were, shall we say, ahead of the icehole curve on this.

ice grillin you