Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: MDS on March 12, 2012, 02:22:19 PM
so you all pick reggie because you are all middle aged to 40ish and that defense was the team of your youth?

get over it, elders. they didnt win a god damn thing.

• I'm not 40ish
  • What Eagles team did win a damn thing?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MDS

reggie can be your fav thats all cool

im talkin him as the representative of the franchise on a mt rushmore thing. thats the crazy one.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Everyone should definitely pick Bednarick or Van Buren or Brown because there's nothing at all MA about 30-40 yr old white dudes worshiping older white dudes, amiright? 

Rome

Rome

Quote from: MDS on March 12, 2012, 03:47:27 PM

im talkin him as the representative of the franchise on a mt rushmore thing. thats the crazy one.

He's by far the best player in franchise history, you ignorant wretch.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on March 12, 2012, 04:02:39 PM
Quote from: DH on March 12, 2012, 02:14:53 PM
when i think of reggie, i think carolina panthers

I think sleep apnea.

I think of turning watches into televisions. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on March 12, 2012, 04:03:31 PM

He's by far the best player in franchise history, you ignorant wretch.

possible but when you say reggie white people think of him either lifting his helmet up during the packers sb win or saying god told him to sign with gb

5th or 6th on the list is him playing for an eagles team that never accomplished anything.

not exactly a stout representative on the philly sport mt rushmore
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

its not crazy at all....i didnt pick him but the guy was by far the best eagle player of all time...there is a banner at the linc of him that basically takes up one whole corner of the stadium and it not like theres a long list of tough competition hes up against for the spot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

remember when that banner used to have color?  that was cool
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

again i wont fight that and im too young to even remember watching reggie play

my first memory of him was the news of him heading to gb and how big of a deal that was

but a mt rushmore thing isnt about talent necessarily. its about who is philly and who is a true eagles and who represents the franchise and the sport in the city. that aint reg.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 12, 2012, 04:44:55 PM
its about who is philly and who is a true eagles and who represents the franchise and the sport in the city. that aint reg.

well that will be dawk once he comes home and has his number retired....which is why i picked him...basically i agree with you...what disagree with is the notion that its complete craziness to pick reggie

plus its kinda hard to represent the eagles from a dirt box...so in that respect reggies at a litle disadvantage

MDS

certain people here would probably want to pick jerome and he only played for the eagles for 15 seconds

SD

Reggie was the greatest Defensive End of all time, was the leader of one of the greatest defenses of all time, and spent 8 years as an Eagle compared to 6 as a Packer. I don't see how he could be left off the list because he had success elsewhere.

ice grillin you

heres why im against him

if you ask ten people on the street reggie white: packer or eagle?....you are gonna get packer more than half the time...imo someone who could go either way as far as what they were shouldnt be on anyones mt rushmore

SD

Except you're not asking random people on the street, this is an Eagles thing for Eagles fans. You poll 100 Eagles fans on their Mount Rushmore and Reggie White will overwhelmingly make the list [just look at this thread for example]