Random Philadelphia Sports Musings Thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 10, 2012, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

eagles and its not really close....mostly because i hate the nfl so much....but also you are only losing 16 games....

for sake of this argument id say baseball is invaluable because its the only thing around for a quarter of the year

next id probably get rid of the sixers....as my franchises i like the sixers and flyers equally but i can watch any nba game....where as without the flyers my nhl watching would be severely limited

this is world class nitpicking tho...losing any of them would be beyond devastating

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

smeags

flyers, although my wallet would say the eagles.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

That was a harder question than I thought it would be. I decided on every team at one point, and then changed my mind after thinking about it some more. Ultimately I went with the Sixers because it feels like they've been gone for a few years anyway. A couple years from now I will probably have a different answer.

Would anyone's answer be different if the team was immediately replaced by an expansion team with a different name and no history? I think I'd have to switch to Phillies or Eagles because wiping out Dr. J., AI, Wilt, Moses, etc would be too devastating to what the NBA means to me, I would just be entirely done with basketball.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 11, 2017, 02:12:01 PM
Would anyone's answer be different if the team was immediately replaced by an expansion team with a different name and no history? I think I'd have to switch to Phillies or Eagles because wiping out Dr. J., AI, Wilt, Moses, etc would be too devastating to what the NBA means to me, I would just be entirely done with basketball.

getting a new franchise doesnt wipe out anything imo...its like taking away paternos wins as if they didnt happen....its so silly

anyway if you are saying the team would be gone and replaced how could not everyone pick the eagles just to get rid of their awful jerseys and colors...flyers and sixers are straight HOF buttery goodness and the phillies are very nice

Rome

The Eagles dwarf every other franchise in the city.  The other three could dry up and blow away for all I care in comparison to the Birds.

PS... this is an Eagles-centric message board.  You realize that, right?

ice grillin you

Rome

Settle down message board hall monitor. 

MDS

Quote from: SD on May 11, 2017, 10:44:40 AM
Interesting question on the fanatic I'll throw it out here (for the 4 for 4ers)...you have to get rid of one Philly sports team but you're guaranteed a championship for the other 3 teams. Which team are you getting rid of?

Todd I know you're choosing the Flyers so you don't need to bother.

the flyers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Up until this past season the Sixers would have been the easy choice, since I haven't paid much attention since Iverson left.  Had a lot of fun watching Embiid the few national games this season, though.

Sgt PSN

Flyers. I can't miss what I don't watch.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SD on May 11, 2017, 10:44:40 AM
Interesting question on the fanatic I'll throw it out here (for the 4 for 4ers)...you have to get rid of one Philly sports team but you're guaranteed a championship for the other 3 teams. Which team are you getting rid of?

Todd I know you're choosing the Flyers so you don't need to bother.

Flyers easily. 

Flyers -> phillies -> sixers -> eagles

ice grillin you

sheed on the jump today with a phillies hat

has anyone ever repped philly harder than this guy

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2017, 03:07:15 PM
sheed on the jump today with a phillies hat

Fail.

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 12, 2017, 03:07:15 PM
has anyone ever repped philly harder than this guy

Bradley Cooper, Hall & Oates, Ben Franklin, Will Smith.

White people, basically.

ice grillin you

hall is from pottstown and oates was born in nyc....ben is from boston bradley jenkintown and will smith wrote a song about miami

sheed >>>>>