The Wire

Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

yeah...up here in lycoming county, we don't watch teevee shows about the blacks.  that's just not how lycoming county rolls...same with union county & all the other counties igy says i live in.

and i don't care enough about any tv show to go back & watch 4 seasons worth of programming so i can "catch up"...who the hell has that much free time?  besides mds? 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

MDS

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 01, 2007, 03:46:44 PM
Ive given up on Lost, it just lost me.  I have the past 5 epi's on tivo but i have no desire to watch them.  To MDS's credit i do have 19 episodes of FNL's ready to get viewed

ok well lost is good still. you shouldnt give up on it. fnl is money, second to the wire in terms of quality.

good lord you all should get teh aids for watching anything over the wire. if you watch one show, it should be the wire. igy is right in that regard, but wrong on everything else.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Would you just shut up already?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

good lord you all should get teh aids for watching anything over the wire. if you watch one show, it should be the wire

shtein watch the wire over the movies youll watch...now its certainly not better than a good movie but its the closest a tv show has even been to quality cinema..plus once you start the wire you wont be able to come off it...

the problem is getting people on it...its a problem that exists amongst all races...they are all to often unwilling to give something they deem to be of or about an opposite race a chance simply because they cant relate to it...trust me tho...black white magenta cyan perriwinkle...doesnt matter youll love the wire
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

stringer's at 930 club this weekend.  dj driis fools.  dude is a jack of all trades.

SunMo

it's not that i don't want to watch a show about black people, i used to love The Cosby show, it's that i don't want to watch a show about Baltimore.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

is not about baltimore it takes place in baltimore...it could just as easily be taking place in overbrook olney or francisville

dj driis fools

holla

Rome

I resent SD being referred to as a Star Trek nerd.  He's a Star Wars geek.

Get is straight, fargheads.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The prose on "The Wire" is breathtaking.

Rome

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 01, 2007, 04:47:41 PM
The prose on "The Wire" is breathtaking.

So's my johnson.

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on May 01, 2007, 04:15:21 PM
it's not that i don't want to watch a show about black people, i used to love The Cosby show, it's that i don't want to watch a show about Baltimore.

Homicide: Life on the Street

Adina Watson, werd.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

General_Failure

I stopped watching it in the first season, probably the first episode. They were checking out a crime scene, conversing only with "farg, farg, farg farg, farg. farg." Great writing.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

lemme guess you love the sopranos writing tho

General_Failure

I stopped watching that, too. It never went anywhere. How people can love everything just because HBO airs it?

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i love (loved in the case of the sopranos) both shows....i was just wondering if the cursing in the sopranos which is just as extensive as the wire bothered you as well

and im far from an hbo fan....in fact im not sure ive even liked any of their original series besides sopranos the wire (i also love real sports and bill maher)...i wouldnt even have hbo right now were it not for the fact that when i tried to cancel it after the last wire season comcast told me my cable rate would actually go up as the hbo/showtime pachage is part of their triple play