Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Is your uncle running the business now?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on January 25, 2007, 09:29:47 PM
Is your uncle running the business now?

Yes, he started his own business called 'Action Transmissions' in the 80's, than took over for my Grandfather (Joe Pirrone's Transmission) when he retired. His shop is located on Frankford Ave. My Uncle (pictured here) built this 33 Willy's in commeration of my Grandfather:

Not showed in those links is his Alcohol Funny Car, last time I talked to him he was looking to get rid of it:

I used to love going to Atco and Englishtown when I was a kid. They were with the 'Wild Bunch' then.

Diomedes

Did you get any of the gearhead genes, or is the strain on your Uncle's side?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

I worked in my Uncles shop rebuilding Tranny's before I went into the Navy, but it's not in my blood (as much as I wish it were). My Dad's a big fan of Corvette's. He has a Mint Condition Green 72' Sting Ray he keeps in his garage. He takes it to shows and stuff but doesn't drag race like he did when he was younger.

mussa

I know alittle bit about cars and trucks and am currently fixing up a motorcycle, so I am learning about them too, which seems simple. Nice to have your own garage, but mine is way to small to do work on cars, just bikes. Thats pretty cool about your family SD  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

What make/model/year bike, and what are you doing with it?

mussa

Honda CMT 400, I think, ha. Its a beater bike and needed work. Replacing the throttle cables, and shock casings.  Needs a new battery too. Hopefully thats all it needs. Just started riding this past fall. Can't wait for spring  :yay
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

mussa

close, but its black. that bike looks really small compared to mine.  for some reason CMT doesn't sound right, I did a search for CMP, but nothing came up. I'll have to look and get back to you.

Diomedes

Sgt PSN

I got my stang that I just bought last year that I'm hoping to have a lot of fun modifying and juicing it up.  The stock stangs simply don't kill enough of the environment when I drive it.  I want to look in my rearview mirror and see trees wilting in my wake.  

I've also got a 47 or 48 Willy's jeep that my grandfather gave me.  I think I may have mentioned it here before.  It's been sitting in my mom's barn for quite a few years now and needs a lot of work but it does run.  I just don't have the time or $$ to work on it.  

Diomedes

Sell the Mustang and put the money into the Jeep.  Far, far cooler.

Susquehanna Birder

Or put all your money in to both of them and have twice the coolness.

mussa

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 26, 2007, 11:47:43 AM
I got my stang that I just bought last year that I'm hoping to have a lot of fun modifying and juicing it up.  The stock stangs simply don't kill enough of the environment when I drive it.  I want to look in my rearview mirror and see trees wilting in my wake. 

I've also got a 47 or 48 Willy's jeep that my grandfather gave me.  I think I may have mentioned it here before.  It's been sitting in my mom's barn for quite a few years now and needs a lot of work but it does run.  I just don't have the time or $$ to work on it. 

You have a Willy's? Wow, they are rare. My girls cousin in law has one. He was telling me all about them. Very cool. Def look into restoring it if you have the chance.

Sgt PSN

Next time I visit my mom I'll take a few pics of it and post 'em here.  The body is pretty sound and the engine still runs.   It's got some rust damage though and is missing the starter pedal so you've got to use a stick or something to reach through the floor and press the starter.  And it doesn't have any breaks or a top.  It's also missing the front windshield, the steering wheel needs to be replaced, none of the lights or gauges work and the passenger seat has springs poking through it. 

Other than that, it's like mint condition.