Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on April 21, 2019, 11:50:29 PM
But if we get anything close to a dues ex machina next week, it's gonna be Lady Mel returning from Volantis with some fire manges

I was saying the same thing. She's the one living character they've held back. Clearly saving her for a deus ex machina moment.

I also get the vibe a lot of characters are going to die next week.

Eagaholic

I'd thought a lot of main characters were going to die next week too, but I'm changing my mind now. Usually when they play up the impending doom of someone, they tend to survive (as an example, a couple of episodes ago when Tyrion solemnly parts the dragon pit to parlay with Cersei, and then Jamie suggests he and Tyrion say final goodbyes). I thought it was kind of dumb tonight how so many of the main players professed their imminent death, and for most it was out of character.

Eagaholic

An obvious game changer with the WW is that when they kill a human they also gain a soldier. But with Benjen we learned that someone struck down by a WW can be revived and brought back more toward being human, by dragon glass to the heart, if somebody knows how to do that. Don't think it's likely but I could see if Mel and others start reviving dead humans before they can be turned wight, to stem the tide the WW were expecting.

phattymatty

anyone see the mac from it's always sunny cameo in ep 1?  he's the first dude on the boat shot through the eye with an arrow when they rescue yara.

next week is going to be epic. i put it 50-50 on dany doing something really dumb since she's in such a farged up headspace.  what timing on that revelation.

QB Eagles

Quote from: phattymatty on April 22, 2019, 10:43:31 AM
what timing on that revelation.

Jon Snow is good at making mopey facial expressions and fighting. Not so great at thinking. His instincts are pretty good though.

Dany sucks at both thinking and instincts. Bad decisions all throughout the story, and that was before she had any truth bombs dropped on her.

SD

She's a woman of course she sucks at thinking and instincts.

SD

My prediction for next week: Just like Robb and Jaime did...the Night King is going to take a page out of the art of war and fight the enemy where they're not. He's sending a portion of his forces to Winterfell as a distraction, but the bulk of his army is heading towards Kings Landing. Tyrion said there's about a million people there which is far more than the North.

Munson

Nah, I think the War for the Dawn gets settled in this episode. I think they want the last 3 episodes to be about what the show was always going to be about in the end: the game of thrones.

I can't get the damn Jenny of Oldstones song out of my head. Brilliantly haunting...it's use as the pre-battle ballad of sadness before all your favorite characters potentially die is a good reference to the Pippin song in LOTR.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on April 23, 2019, 01:56:08 AM
Nah, I think the War for the Dawn gets settled in this episode. I think they want the last 3 episodes to be about what the show was always going to be about in the end: the game of thrones.

That would be predictable and lame

Eagles_Legendz

They're going to lose next week.  Last 3 weeks will be a mishmash of human/NK conflict as survivors go south.

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 23, 2019, 10:15:31 AM
They're going to lose next week.  Last 3 weeks will be a mishmash of human/NK conflict as survivors go south.

I really don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong but this feels like THE conflict when it comes to the NK. I am assuming both Dany and Jon will be alive for the conflict with Cersei, with one of them dying at THAT point(then again maybe they both do live to the end, but I'm assuming one of them dies for now), and I can't see the NK winning this battle unless we're saying one of those two "mains" dies, IMO.

I guess it's possible that literally the entire North gets killed besides whichever mains who didn't die and can fit onto the backs of Drogon and Rhaegal to fly away but I don't see that happening either. I think we settle the NK now, next episode is devoted to picking up the pieces of who died, setting up the battle with Cersei/GC, then that battle happens episode 5, and then episode 6 is spent finishing that conflict if it didn't completely resolve (i.e. a trial by combat for Cersei perhaps?), figuring out the throne/if a monarchy is even going to exist anymore, tying up loose ends to stories, maybe another surprise in there with some sort of final betrayal by someone, etc.

phattymatty

It really makes no sense to me why they didn't make this season longer.  Seems like a lot of stuff to cram into 4 episodes.

QB Eagles

There's no way the white walker stuff ends this week. It goes back to the beginning of the first episode.

The living will probably "win" only to discover the main WW force was going for Kings Landing the whole time.

Munson

TBF we're gonna get another 1.3ish episodes worth of time in these next 4 episodes, so it's basically an extra episode.

But yeah the only thing i can think of is the time commitments for filming such intricate shtein made both the actors and the show runners not wanna do this for much longer.

But as good as the show has been, it could have been so much better with 10-11 full seasons, fully fleshing out all the books and stories we missed out on (Lady Stoneheart, Arianne, etc)