Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Munson, March 11, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

QuoteEagles and Malcolm Jenkins agree to terms on a new five-year contract.

Rome

These are the types of deals that any idiot can make but it's still good news. 

Get Cox done next and then get ready for free agency. 

Diomedes

Good.  What's the deal with Thurmond?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on February 22, 2016, 01:32:40 PM
Good.  What's the deal with Thurmond?

It's generally thought that it will be tough to make the numbers work to keep Thurmond. If they are going to do Bradford and Cox this offseason they probably want to line those up first. [Especially the big man since it's not like he's waiting on this year's FA period like Bradford and Thurmond probably are.] Caking off Thurmond now might be a sign that one of those deals isn't going to happen.

SD

Thurmond wants to play CB and that's where the money's at...I doubt he comes back.

ice grillin you

problem with thurmond in schwags defense is that he plays an aggressive attacking style meaning that their safeties would be required to press the line more and help with stopping the run...something thurmond is not built for...he was perfect for chips defense that required versatility from the safeties in that they can play man

plus the guy is never healthy and had a one good (not great) season this year....lets not act like he is some high priority guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 22, 2016, 02:01:21 PM
plus the guy is never healthy and had a one good (not great) season this year....lets not act like he is some high priority guy

He's also going to be 29 and looking for the long-term big money final contract like what Jenkins just got. It's probably gonna be another hole on the defense so it sucks to let him walk, but the team has bigger problems to address and less risky deals to get done. Spend the farging money on a 25 year-old NFL caliber guard or something.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 22, 2016, 02:01:21 PMlets not act like he is some high priority guy

troll

no one is suggesting as much

troll
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

it doesn't matter if hes a priority at all and probably shouldn't be...is that better?

smeags

Good deal. So far so good on these extentions.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I ordered his jersey today.  Anyone ballsy enough to call every owner in the NFL a coward gets my respect. 

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

I'm not authorized to view his tweets.

ice grillin you

QuoteToday would've been a good time to use your "fire and fury like the world has never seen" Don't tell me you're getting soft on terrorism now