Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

can someone tell me what this means exactly

QuoteInstallation:

Don't Sleep does not have to be installed and can be executed easily from the desktop, and can be carried on a small USB-Stick or other memory device.

if it doesnt have to be installed how do you get it to your desktop or on the usb....basically what im trying to do is not let my computer go into sleep mode...its a work computer so i dont have the ability to adjust the settings and they have it automatically set at 15 minutes...i wanna override that...but also because its a work computer i cant download any programs on it....supposedly this particular thing does not have to be installed....does installed mean downloaded?...they also say its "portable" which insinuates that it doesnt get downloaded?....but i dont know how to do it

help

heres the website - https://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/DontSleep
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

It means what you download is just the program and not an installer for it. If you save it to a USB drive, you can just run it off that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on December 01, 2017, 08:44:56 AM
It means what you download is just the program and not an installer for it. If you save it to a USB drive, you can just run it off that.

thanks....i put it on the usb and it works like a friggin wet dream
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

I may be a little drunk af, but how the farg do you get your printer back on the network after you buy a new modem or router? farg you brother and your zesty printers too, icehole

Also, farg you, stupid fat bitch, where I'm in a position I gotta mail a goddamn paper check to you because you're so goddamn stupid and fat

Sgt PSN

On the printer:  menu/settings/network connections/connect to a wireless network

Should be something like that anyway.

Tomahawk

Yeah I figured it out this morning. Last night, I really wantee to be able to connect it from the other room without actually physically touching it

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Tomahawk

The thought was wirelessly which may as well been telepathically, obviously

Diomedes

spring cleaning.  discovered a couple old laptops.  broken, worthless.  want to dispose of them but wondering what steps I should take to be sure any data on them doesn't end up somewhere it shouldnt.

I can remove the hard drives and physically destroy them.

But I've heard that magnets are quite bad for computers.  Anyone know if it would be enough just to put big magnets (from speakers) on/move over them?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

https://www.cnet.com/news/i-went-to-buy-a-galaxy-s9-at-verizon-and-at-t-it-didnt-go-well/

I had a very similar experience today until I got to Best Buy.  I was stunned by the quality of service and the attention I was paid by two salespeople. 

I almost bought the S9-Plus but decided to pass until Apple gives me a larger version of the X to compare.  The S9-Plus was incredible, though.  Just gorgeous. 

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 18, 2018, 03:15:55 PM
spring cleaning.  discovered a couple old laptops.  broken, worthless.  want to dispose of them but wondering what steps I should take to be sure any data on them doesn't end up somewhere it shouldnt.

I moved in 2012 and my room mate left my computer tower out on the curb with the trash. By the time I got back to the house and realized it was missing it was already gone. I spent a month changing everything/password I could.

hbionic

Came to get my internet service, serviced today. Tech told me the spectrum uses refurbished wifi-routers. He said I could save a few bucks off my bill if I had my own, more powerful router.

Good idea? Any recommendations?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05