2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 30, 2015, 11:27:06 AMI'm not sold on McDaniels...did he learn from his mistakes in Denver? I mean...he was the original Tebow lover.

I'm not either.  On physiognomy alone, the dude strikes me as petty, small, and vindictive.  Eyes too close together, pinched look on his face.  Classic little guy syndrome.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on December 30, 2015, 11:34:51 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 30, 2015, 11:27:06 AMI'm not sold on McDaniels...did he learn from his mistakes in Denver? I mean...he was the original Tebow lover.

I'm not either.  On physiognomy alone, the dude strikes me as petty, small, and vindictive.  Eyes too close together, pinched look on his face.  Classic little guy syndrome.

Lol good observation on the close eyes...I read that years ago in an article someone mentioned this was something that profilers look at in serial killers

ice grillin you

did belicheck learn from cleveland?....guess who is a belly protégé

im more saying lurie will want him than me but id personally take a second chance on him over almost anyone other potential candidate

my fear with mcdaniels is not that he hasn't learned from his Denver experience...i don't think you can be a belly guy and not learn shtein...the fear i have is what i have with all new england assistants...that brady and bellicheck have made everyone thats come thru there better than they might actually be

i cant remember a more underwhelming year for potential HC's....of course its the year the eagles franchise is blown to the ground and has to start over from mostly nothing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

there hasn't been one belicheck assistant that has done anything as a head coach.  even scott pioli fell on his face when he left b-magic. 

not having a viable coaching tree is probably the only thing that keeps him from being the best coach of all time
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah exactly the Belichick tree hasn't had much HC success

Crennel and Weis were failures. McDaniels was bad at his first opportunity.

I bet Lurie consults with Dawk somewhat bc he played for McDaniels.

Not just an underwhelming year for HCs (would have loved Bowles) but for QB prospects too. Had the 4th pick and had to take Lane bc no QBs and now likely a top 10 and no QB studs

SunMo

Arians is going to go down in Philly sports history in the same vein as Sandberg, Frank Thomas, Earl Thomas

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 30, 2015, 11:47:47 AM
Yeah exactly the Belichick tree hasn't had much HC success

Crennel and Weis were failures. McDaniels was bad at his first opportunity.

I bet Lurie consults with Dawk somewhat bc he played for McDaniels.

Not just an underwhelming year for HCs (would have loved Bowles) but for QB prospects too. Had the 4th pick and had to take Lane bc no QBs and now likely a top 10 and no QB studs

assuming they can get bradford back they are perfectly fine at qb...the eagles aren't someone like Houston who a bad qb draft really matters to...first and foremost this offseason is about putting together the right regime to get past the chip kelly era because he permeated every facet of the football operations

but as far as the roster itself...this offseason is all about rebuilding the OL and finding a WR1...no other areas of the roster scream out loud help me

SunMo

i would put the corners on that list

Susquehanna Birder

OL, WR, and a long term QB prospect, with some CB help in there. I think everybody can agree on the needs. Of course, Roseman will go with tweener DEs.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on December 30, 2015, 12:05:03 PM
i would put the corners on that list

yeah i mean if you count carroll as gone i would include them but im saying as far as the roster right now

nothing even comes close to kkk/huff at wr and the two guards on the OL......that's some next level bad shtein

Susquehanna Birder

At the very least, somebody who isn't a slot receiver might be a good thing.

ice grillin you

agholor not being a complete turd and becoming an nfl player next year would be nice

QB Eagles

They've burned so many draft picks on shtein receivers the last few years (and the team is kinda stuck with those guys) that unless someone perfect is available in the third round, I feel like that is something that will be primarily addressed via FA. They don't really need a stud there next year (particularly if Bradford is gone), just Travis Benjamin types who can catch the goddamn ball.

ice grillin you

yeah it doesn't have to be the draft...FA trade whatever but i couldn't disagree more...they need a WR1 in the worst way...if they had a franchise qb or a guy like russell wilson who can run around and make plays then fine get a bunch middling guys...but if you have sam bradford who in theory they will then get him a farging outside WR1, a WR2 who belongs in the nfl, and stick them with a great slot guy in matthews and you are ready to rock n roll...they need a kelvin banjamin not a travis

QB Eagles

Is anyone like that really going to be available for a price a rebuilding team can afford? If so I'm on board, I just don't want to see them waste another high draft pick on Nelson Agholor Jr.