Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

black crowes are classic rock and roll. you wonder why hippies go to their concerts? ha. black crowes are good and if ever get to hear the live cd with jimmy page, its excellent.  chris robinson is prob the only guy that can sing close to robert plant.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

Black Crowes=Widespread Panic

They're a jam band festival train wreck.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I saw the Crowes a while back at the House of Blues in Orlando.

They weren't bad.  They weren't great either and I was expecting a lot more from that show than they actually delivered.

Ah, well...

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on June 27, 2006, 11:22:58 AM
Black Crowes=Widespread Panic

They're a jam band festival train wreck.

ive listened to both and widespread panic sounds nothing like black crowes. ive actaully saw widespread in concert.  widespread = jam band. black crowes = classic rock and roll
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SD_Eagle5

Got free tickets to see Dave Matthews Band so I'm going tonight. More for the fun atmosphere and this girl I'm seeing wants to go more than music.

Wingspan

make sure you have messy hair and a popped collar :yay
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Seabiscuit36

and reef sandals rocking a seashell necklace. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 27, 2006, 12:16:28 PM
Got free tickets to see Dave Matthews Band so I'm going tonight. More for the fun atmosphere and this girl I'm seeing wants to go more than music.

Wouldn't even go for free, SD.

Eh - have fun just the same.

Diomedes

I'm not saying they sound alike, I'm saying they're both jam bands.  The Black Crowes fancy themselves something akin to the Allman Bros., but with their interminable, noodley jams, they come off sounding more like a traditional jam band than a serious blues-based rock and roll band.

I don't need to see them again, that's for sure.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

well lets just come to the conclusion that all jam bands suck and are annoying just like the people who go to their concerts. kill the hippies!

Drunkmasterflex

:puke, maybe you can score some good drugs there at least.  Make sure you watch out for their tour bus.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 27, 2006, 12:51:46 PM

Wouldn't even go for free, SD.

Eh - have fun just the same.

You would if you saw the girl I was taking.

rjs246

You're subjecting yourself to a DMB concert in order to get laid? Getting ass really isn't that difficult. nor should it be so painful. Ever.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on June 27, 2006, 03:55:26 PM
You're subjecting yourself to a DMB concert in order to get laid? Getting ass really isn't that difficult. nor should it be so painful. Ever.

Nope. Just really like this girl and don't mind spending an evening listening to live music with her. Have fun sitting on CF all night with your thumb up your ass.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.