2017 NFL DRAFT - APRIL 27-29 2017

Started by Rome, September 10, 2016, 07:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Ok, so I'm seriously considering attending this retard-fest next year, and since it's never too early to plan for these things, I'll start this now and see where it leads.

As I understand it the draft is to be held on the Franklin Parkway with the Art Museum being suggested as the focal point of the festivities.

Who's planning on going, are we planning on getting our shtein on, etc?

Let's do this shtein.

ice grillin you

where did you see that the draft was going to be held on the parkway....thats where the fan fest is going to be from what ive heard....no way an nfl draft is being held outside
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I heard it will be so the picks walk up the steps after they're announced.

MDS

they could build a large amphitheater on the parkway and use the AM as a backstage area for media and families and what not

or the AM steps thing is just a photo opp and the actually draft will take place at the convention center or the walnut st theater or something
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2016, 11:24:55 AM

lol what....i cant tell if you are joking?

if you arent it seems to have disaster written all over it....i just cant see the 30 team entourages sitting outside underneath an ez-up making picks....not sure how the lighting would work either and the broadcasting of it...seems like camera angles would be a problem...weather would be a huge issue if its bad

i thought the parkway was going to be the philly version of 'draft town' that chicago held in grant park and the draft itself would be inside somewhere

PhillyPhreak54

No I'm not joking

That's what I heard some NFL official say on the radio

ice grillin you

General_Failure

The NFL is all about making reasonable, sensible decisions, so I'm with IGY on this one.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

lol theres like 75 steps...not happening

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2016, 11:24:55 AM

They should put the podium at the top of the Art Museum steps, shut down the BFP circle and have all the players sit there.  It's never too early for conditioning drills.  Also, farg the fans and cage them into that parking lot in the middle of the circle...behind that big ass statue that would block their view. 

Oh, and I'm most definitely IN on this one.  We should definitely organize some sort of big ass tailgate or something.  Well, not so much that we should organize anything.  Havas just needs to tell us where he's parking so we can all show up and drink his booze. 

ice grillin you

lol....no chance im going anywhere close to that clusterfarg

if its being held indoors and i could get a ticket which i wont be able to id go but im not sitting on the parkway with a bunch of drunk meathead nfl fans to "watch" the draft

Sgt PSN

phattymatty

i've coincidentally been in chicago for the draft the last two years, spent like 25 at the fan fast and was done with it. seems like it's a ton of fun for kids though.

it is a pretty cool atmosphere though.

i'm about to start a george clinton and p funk show / phillies game / eagles game bender in a few minutes.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on September 10, 2016, 04:06:15 PM
i'm about to start a george clinton and p funk show / phillies game / eagles game bender in a few minutes.

Jealous / Meh / Jealous