2009 CF Pick 'Em

Started by Diomedes, September 03, 2009, 07:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

Week Three Wrap Up
Best week: With 14 points, Munron takes Best honors for the second time this season, having tied for first in week one with T-hawkMunron's misses this week were popular; like most of us did, he favored the Jets over the Titans, and the Steelers over the Bengals.  Only three players called the former correctly, and only two got the the latter.

Worst week: SunMo and Phatty share the Worst title this week.  It's the second consecutive week SunMo has distinquished himself here. SunMo joined FK as the only two players who liked the Washington taterskins over the obviously superior Detroit Lions, and Phatty was the only person to take the woeful Bucs over the Giants.  For those picks alone you two deserve Worst Week.  FK can have special designation as honorable mention if he feels left out.

Groupthink:  We were unanimous in our picks on five games this week, getting all of them right.  The victors were Green Bay, Philly, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Indy.  By and large, week three was a set of games in which we as a group favored one team heavily, whether we got the pick right or not.  The closest game was Denver vs. Oakland, split 7/5, with the majority favoring underdog Oakland and getting it wrong. For every other game in week three the number of players who dissented from the consensus pick was three or fewer.

Not even trying to compete: Bowzer was out all week hunting Census workers, he should be back soon.

---
We root for laundry: Last week, I put the over/under on picks for Eagles over Chiefes at 10.  All 12 of us took the Eagles.

This week:  over/under on the number of Eagles players who, having a bye and the week off from practice, get themselves arrested: 1

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteNot even trying to compete: Bowzer was out all week hunting Census workers, he should be back soon.

:-D

Sgt PSN

dio dropping seinfeld bombs into a weekly pick 'em pool newsletter update.  fabulous. 

Diomedes

I never got into Seinfeld. Which line is his?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

we root for laundry.  i don't remember if that was actually from his little stand up segments on the show or one of his actual stand up acts, but i remember him doing a little bit about it. 

SunMo

russell came up with that and seinfeld stole it from him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

I'm pretty sure Geo or THawk or some other on-again off-again CF'er said it first. I just adopted the shtein out of it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

rjs246

I'm urinating on a picture of you and your family right now.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

rjs246

That shouldn't be a challenge.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

Munson

Lets concentrate at how awesome I'm doing right now please.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: Munson on October 01, 2009, 01:26:50 PM
Lets concentrate at how awesome I'm doing right now please.

I'm not sure how one concentrates at things. But I think it's a good idea that you are thinking about teaching special needs kids.

Let them eat bootstraps.