8th annual CF Mock Eagles Draft

Started by SD_Eagle5, April 22, 2009, 01:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

The 7th annual CF Eagles mock contest works much like the first round mock contest does.

Past Champions are:
2002- Eaglesfan30
2003- Mikey
2004- PhillyPhreak54
2005- Geowhizzer
2006- PhattyMatty
2007- SunMo
2008- SunMo

Please read the following carefully

Anyone who wants to participate must submit a full Eagles mock draft.

The eagles current draft slots are as follows (round, overall pick in the draft):

Round
  Overall
  Note

1  21   
2  53   
3  85   
5  141  Acquired in 2008 draft day trade with Cleveland
5  153  Acquired from the New York Jets as part of the Lito Sheppard trade
5  157   
5  159  Acquired from New England as part of the Greg Lewis trade
6  194   
6  195  Acquired from Minnesota for the rights to QB Kelly Holcomb
7  230   

- The mock must be messaged to me through the board IM by NOON SATURDAY APRIL 27TH before draft day.  I wont accept them after that.

- If you submit a draft to me and a major trade takes place involving the EAGLES picks, you can submit a new draft by the above date.  If there are no trades there are no new drafts accepted.

- The mock may have any trades you want to make.  Yes the Eagles could draft #1 overall if you want them too.

- winner gets their name on the champs list and bragging rights.  I know, what a great prize.

Scoring is as follows:

Correct draft slot, correct player = 10 pts
Correct player, Wrong draft slot = 6  pts
Wrong player, correct position = 2 pts

examples:

1.  The Eagles pick #21 in the first round.  If you have them selecting Knowshon Moreno at #21 in the first round and they do, you get 10 points for the correct player at the correct slot.

2.  If you have them selecting Knowshon Moreno at #21, and the eagles trade up and draft Michael Crabtree you get 6 points.  You had the correct player, but the wrong draft slot.

If you have the eagles drafting Knowshon Moreno in the 1st round, and they draft him in the 2nd round, you would also get 6 points.  Once again you selected a correct player, but the wrong draft slot.

3.  You get 2 points for correctly selecting the position in a round.  For instance, if you had the Eagles selecting Michael Crabtree  in the 1st round, but they selected a different WR in the 1st round you get 2 points.  You didnt select  the correct player, but you correctly guessed the positon of the player they drafted in that round. (in this example it was WR).

TieBreaker will be whomever has more perfect picks (10 pointers).  If its still a tie it will be whomever has more 6 pointers.  If its still a tie it goes to whomever had the highest perfect pick.  ( a 10 point 1st round pick would beat out a 2nd round 10 point pick).  If its still a tie after that... too bad.

If you are in, please post here.  any questions or things that need to be cleared up post it here.  thanks.

I think I have the correct Eagles draft slots ... if they are wrong, someone let me know.

PoopyfaceMcGee

LOL at getting a pick for Kelly Holcomb.

Probably OUT for this one.

SunMo

Quote2.  If you have them selecting Knowshon Moreno at #21, and the eagles trade up and draft Michael Crabtree you get 6 points.  You had the correct player, but the wrong draft slot.

que?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not gonna do an Eagles one...but I do think they end up with Moreno and barring a trade for Boldin and giving up the 2nd rounder this year, they'll either trade up for Alphonso Smith or stay at 53 and get DJ Moore at CB.

SD_Eagle5

SunMo:
1  21   - Knoshown Moreno - RB, Georgia
2  53   - Victor Harris - CB, Virginia Tech
3  85   - Cornelius Ingram - TE, Florida
5  141  - Henry Melton - DE, Texas
5  153  - Sebastian Vollmer - OT, Texas
5  157  - Antonio Appleby, ILB, Virginia
5  159  - Donald Washington - CB, Ohio State
6  194  - Darius Passmore - WR, Marshall
6  195  - Tyrell Sutton - RB, Northwestern
7  230  - George Hypolite - DT, Colorado

Dio:
1/21  Knowshon Moreno RB
2/53  Chase Coffman TE
3/85  Chip Vaughan FS
5/141 Kyle Moore DE
5/153 Aaron Kelly WR
5/157 Domonique Johnson CB
5/159 Nate Davis QB
6/194 Dallas Reynolds C
6/195 John Gill DT
7/230 Tony Fiammetta FB

Geo:
RD 1 #21 - Donald Brown, RB - Connecticut
RD 2 #53 - William Moore, S - Missouri
RD 3 #85 - Tyrone McKenzie, OLB - South Florida
RD 5 #141 - Captain Munnerlyn, CB - South Carolina
RD 5 #153 - Troy Kropog, OT, Tulane
RD 5 #157 - Traded to Dallas for a 2010 4th Round pick
RD 5 #159 - Anthony Hill, TE - North Carolina State
RD 6 #194 - Cecil Newton, C - Tennessee State
RD 6 #195 - Traded to Denver for a 2010 5th Round pick
RD 7 #230 - Tiquan Underwood, WR - Rutgers

SD:
1 - RB Knowshon Moreno
2 - DE Lawrence Sidbury
3 - TE James Casey
4 - WR Austin Collie
4 - CB/RS Joe Burnett
5 - S David Bruton
5 - FB Brannan Southerland
6 - LB Mike Rivera
6 - TE Dan Gronkowski
7 - CB Derek Cox

PoopyfaceMcGee

I am glad I didn't do this contest.  You guys look silly right now.

SD_Eagle5

I copy and pasted ge99's mock Eagles draft at the last minute for shteins and giggles

Diomedes

I worked for hours studying dozens of websites and compiling four interlinked spreadsheets of data in order to craft my submission.  All in hopes of gaining FF's approval.  I'm crushed.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 26, 2009, 07:06:39 AM
I am glad I didn't do this contest.  You guys look silly right now.

I'm doing as well as the ESPN guys.  They suck at this, too.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dillen

SD_Eagle5

He was the only one to guess a pick. He had Harris being taken in the 2nd and Ingram in the 3rd...he must be thrilled with this draft.

Winner: SunMo

PoopyfaceMcGee

I guess all the rest of those guys could be UDFA's!

SunMo

my user title shall now read "Three Time Eagles Mock Champion of The World"

you all suck
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.