Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

We had grilled pork chops, au gratin potatoes & green bean almondine.

Here's the recipe for the green bean dish:

GREEN BEAN ALMONDINE   

2 cans whole green beans, drained
5-6 slices bacon, fried crisp
1 sm. onion, finely chopped
1 c. sliced sauteed mushrooms
1 c. slivered almonds
Yellow cheese, grated or Parmesan cheese

In baking dish, alternate layers of green beans with crumbled bacon, onion, mushrooms, and almonds. Bake at 350 degrees until thoroughly heated and liquid reduced. Makes 6 servings.

Dear God it's delicious. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 13, 2007, 01:51:15 PM
We had grilled pork chops, au gratin potatoes & green bean almondine.

Here's the recipe for the green bean dish:

GREEN BEAN ALMONDINE   

2 cans whole green beans, drained
5-6 slices
bacon, fried crisp
1 sm. onion, finely chopped
1 c. sliced sauteed mushrooms
1 c. slivered almonds
Yellow cheese, grated or Parmesan cheese

In baking dish, alternate layers of green beans with crumbled bacon, onion, mushrooms, and almonds. Bake at 350 degrees until thoroughly heated and liquid reduced. Makes 6 servings.

Dear God it's delicious. 

I think I got the gist of it.

SunMo

speaking of which...

last night i made spaghetti with some olive oil and pesto, i added some grilled chicken breast, but alas, something was missing.

i cooked up some bacon and added it to my mixture, and it was just right.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Are you starting to see how superior bacon is to scrapple?  It's so much more versatile in application.

Rome

That dish is actually pretty easy to make.  The only hassle is grilling the mushrooms & bacon.  Everything else you just pile into a baking dish and cook the shtein until it's golden brown on top.

Also - I don't use canned green beans.  I use fresh ones.

DH

Ive been going to Fridays on the regular lately for the new Jack Daniels smoked brisket they just added to the menu. It comes with mashed potatoes and thin sliced breaded onion peels. Very highly recommended.

Best meal I have ever had at a "chain".

phattymatty

I made ribs over the weekend and used Jack Daniels barbeque sauce.  They were bomb.

ice grillin you

chip steak sandwich on rye toast with wiz
the restaurant my kitchen
the chef vigy
the verdict butta
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I had a steak, egg, and BACON sandwich at Wendy's this morning.  Greasy and beautiful.

I don't know if they're doing it nationally, but Chick-Fil-A is giving out free breakfast to everyone on Wednesday's this month.  Next Wednesday is my favorite: the chicken, egg, and cheese on a multi-grain bagel.

I bring my own bacon.

Rome

I refuse to eat at any fast food restaurant that isn't open on Sundays.

Screw them and the religious freakazoid who owns them.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 09, 2007, 11:30:53 AM
I refuse to eat at any fast food restaurant that isn't open on Sundays.

Screw them and the religious freakazoid who owns them.

So, go for the free shtein.  No purchase required.  Your own special way of sticking it to Jesus.

SunMo

why do you care if they are open on Sunday's or not...it's not like they are telling you what to do on Sunday's...it's just their choice
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on March 09, 2007, 11:34:23 AM
why do you care if they are open on Sunday's or not...it's not like they are telling you what to do on Sunday's...it's just their choice

Don't tell Romey you're a ringer on a church softball team.  He may never speak to you again!

Rome

I'd stick it to Mary Magdaline.  She was hott.

Siriusly, though... screw Truett Cathy.  He opened up a hybrid Chick-Fil-A/conventional restaurant down here that was great and then he decided to close it because it wasn't making enough money.  The place was fantastic before he owned it, he bought it with promises he'd keep it open come hell or high water, and then closed it the minute it started losing money.

He's a lying douchebag and his religious/business model idiocy makes me wanna vomit.