Random Musings about Fantasy Football thread

Started by Diomedes, August 03, 2013, 09:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

yeah you right I got that hunter mixed up with the other hunter. 

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on September 07, 2022, 07:38:50 AM
rate my draft

ten teams
basically standard scoring
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

I drafted 9th, 12th, etc.

9 Cooper Kupp
12 JaMarr Chase
29 Jalen Hurts
32 Mark Andrews
49 Terry McLaurin
52 Travis Etienne
69 Rashad Penny
72 Antonio Gibson
89 Devin Singletary
92 Dallas Goedert
119 Hunter Renfrow
122 Brandon Aiuk
139 David Njoku
142 Nyeim Hines

I didn't draft K or D....was drunk by then and figured I'll just drop and add. 

Mock me

i dont know how you got kupp and chase, your league sucks. those are both steals. jalen hurts in the 3rd is awful. so is andrews in the 4th. i know you love the ravens and eagles but no. im a believer in the no rb strategy so getting your pass catchers and qb first, then picking off rbs is fine.

keep hines and drop the latter picks for a k and def. then dig me a ditch
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

It's a standard league so no points for catches. In most formats that have any ppr I go heavy wr...it's the way the league and fantasy is going.

Diomedes

I'm gonna add Elliott and Eagles D

at 9/12 the very best RBs were gone and so, figuring I was gonna have to have stud WRs I went with Kupp and Chase, then reached for Jalen because EAGLE and also, I need to make up RB points, which he will give...gotta have some qb, might as well be a dual threat homer piece....Andrews was then my fourth choice because that was too high to take Etienne or the like and Andrews is basically a top two TE..in this format, I can run him every week somehow...Dallas was still there later and I added him figuring he'd be a good flex option weekly or I could trade him out for an RB maybe...I dunno.

I haven't done this shtein for ten years.

The scoring is not stock standard...values are higher almost across the board than the standard set..which for what I can tell, just means more points not a different balance of how to score 'em.  The league is a bunch of midwestern folks....Kelce the Lesser and Mahomes went way way too early.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

My only draft is tonight.

First overall pick.

Non PPR/passing TDs are 6 pts.

Hurts is off the board.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Here's how I did.  Bye weeks after slash.
I did not mean to go so hard for Seattle..it just happened so fast!!

Hurts / 10
Smith / 5

Jacobs / 13
Stevemspm / 11
Walker / 5
Mattison / 13
Herbert / 13
Dillon / 6

Lamb / 7
Metcalf / 5
Kirk / 9
Sutton / 9

Elliott / 10

DEN / 9

Diomedes

So I guess SD has finally been repatriated to the other CF, leaving me no one to talk about Fantasy with.... 

With Jones out, I'm starting AJ Dillon today instead of Stephenson against Miami.  F'n Mattison did farg all for me and I should have known better than to start an RB against the Eagles.

Diomedes

Hurts on MNF @ KC

or

Stroud at home v. AZ

I'm leaning Stroud.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

I lost my game regardless of who I started or didn't.  Across all positions/had I started my optimal roster last wee, I still would have lost, but:  I went with Stroud, and he scored more points than Hurts did.

Diomedes

I've always been reasonably successful in fantasy football.  Don't know if I've ever had a a sub .500 season.  Every season I think my success has boiled down to good FA and waiver wire pickups.  This year, more of the same: Kyren Williams, CJ Stroud, Raheem Mostert long standing roster spots now, none drafted by me originally, or traded for. 

Diomedes

After a long (7 year) hiatus, I returned to fantasy last year.  Friend had to fill a slot after a literal suicide by a team manager.  I finished 3rd last year and just won it this year.

PhillyPhreak54

Congrats! What's the prize?

I think I won the win that Havas put together

Diomedes

Two hundred only.  40 minutes of my attorney's time.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on December 31, 2023, 04:06:24 PMAfter a long (7 year) hiatus, I returned to fantasy last year.  Friend had to fill a slot after a literal suicide by a team manager.  I finished 3rd last year and just won it this year.

Congrats. Won my league...almost $2k.