Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Why not just use your three-wood?

Also - the 25 over mostly happened around the greens.  7-irons were not meant to be used to blast out of sand traps.  Not by me, anyway.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 17, 2011, 11:40:35 AM
Why not just use your three-wood?

Uh, I dunno.....

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 17, 2011, 11:33:29 AM
I don't spend time on the range practicing with my other woods

I've taken my 3 wood and hybrids out to the range a couple of times but not enough to really get comfortable with them yet.  I've pulled them out of my bag on the course exactly 1 time.  I just need to practice with them but my time is somewhat limited these days.  So when I do have time to play a little golf, I choose to go out on the course rather than the range. 

Also - the 25 over mostly happened around the greens.  7-irons were not meant to be used to blast out of sand traps.  Not by me, anyway.

I've accidently grabbed my 7 iron at least a half dozen times to hit out of the sand (it sits right next to my wedge in my bag).  Perhaps ignorance is bliss, but the only problem I had was hitting the ball about 80 yards further than I wanted.  I crush it and wonder why the ball is travelling so far, then look at the club and realize how dumb I am.  I don't get mad though because the shot itself is beautiful, even if it is too long. 

Rome

Just stand a couple inches closer to the ball and keep your swing smooth.  The 3-wood is the easiest club in the bag to hit especially off the tee.

DH

So I can just buy myself a 3-wood and call it a day? Sweet.

ice grillin you

also a sand wedge and a ball scoop
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

i can crush it pretty far with a 3 wood even though it never gets more than 3 feet off the ground.

Sgt PSN

reese125

Quote from: phattymatty on May 17, 2011, 01:26:29 PM
i can crush it pretty far with a 3 wood even though it never gets more than 3 feet off the ground.

That's actually not a bad thing.

That means that your shoulders are on an even plane and you're getting your hands and body through ball. Most amateurs dip their left shoulder and either duff it or pop it straight up with a slice. A little more flex in the knees and letting the club head do the work will give you the height  and distance you need, but that will take some time and practice.

Rome

To this day I can't find a driver that works for me.   I've gone from persimmon to steel to titanium and my first driver was about the same head size as my three-wood is now.  I have always been able to hit the three, though.  I can fade it, draw it or rip it straight and I can actually hit it off the deck better than off the tee.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I shot a 94 (51-43) on Saturday. Best round I've had in a while, and best nine I've had in even longer. Didn't use anything bigger than a 4-iron after about the 3rd hole. So, irons are kind of important, mmmk? Holla, Paco!

DH

Munson

That first set looks real zesty but the 2nd set doesn't look that bad.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

The Titelist DCI irons are good clubs.  Can't tell how old they are but they look ok.  I've been playing with the same set of Tommy Armour 845's for 17 years and I love them. 

That first set looks nasty.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.