Started by MDS, September 16, 2018, 05:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on September 23, 2018, 04:18:35 PM
I'll take the W and sleep well tonight.

They needed 3 things:
1. The W
2. Wentz to look healthy.
3. No major injuries coming out of the game.

They got all three. Wentz looked like Season 1 Wentz, which is totally fine for his first game back. He should improve as he gets practice and the weapons come back.

Outside of Jalen Mills, there hasn't been a ton to fault the defense for this season. I think the D line has become slightly more vulnerable but hopefully that changes when they get Jernigan back. They need continued pressure up front because the secondary is nothing special (and wasn't last year either).

MDS

so your boy bailed in the lot because of the rain. his cousin bailed at halftime. the immortal supe never made it to the seats. this left me to fend for myself in 2H. i meandered around and found some empties lower level behind the end zone.

the game ended right in front of me. cool shtein. from these seats you have terrible depth perception when its on the other side of the field, but when the action is in front of you, its awesome.

as for the game, without looking at the tape, looked like colts schemed up the line well. lot of extra rushers and well designed stunts caused the pressure. smallwood ran better than ive ever seen. godirt is a zesty athlete. the eagles really really need alshon. was the hold that extended the winning drive legit? i saw nothing. oh and nice to have carse back. hes pretty good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on September 23, 2018, 05:24:25 PM
was the hold that extended the winning drive legit? i saw nothing. oh and nice to have carse back. hes pretty good.

I don't remember seeing a replay on TV. There were very few replays of any of the penalties. Makes me wonder if this is some new dictate coming down from the league because it's not just a problem with the Eagles games.

MDS

they threw the flag by the qb, so i thought it was either an eagle hold or rtp....i mean ill take it but it smelled
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

It's a win.

The first Mills PI was bullshtein and the rule needs to be addressed. If a ball is underthrown and a player is running full speed and has to slow up what else do they expect the db to do?

Wentz looked fine.

They need Alshon back bad. I wouldn't be opposed to trading for a veteran receiver either.

The O line has been struggling with stunts and delayed blitz.

Munson

The defensive hold was legit. Dude grabbed Lane Johnson around the chest and when Lane tried to come off and block the stunting d lineman, he couldn't.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 23, 2018, 04:24:48 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on September 23, 2018, 04:20:36 PM
Wentz F (Crappy weather, first game back, etc.)
O Line F
D Line F
Secondary F
Special Teams F

No curve in my classroom!

Mr. Hand?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The Colts had 11-77 and the Eagles had 10-110.

FIX!

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I've only seen the first two so far but I think it's safe to say that actually watching the games is not really fun.   One wonders....what the farg is going on here?  This is football??

Maybe just watch the box score and errands.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

The games I've seen thus far have been excruciating.  Not just Eagles games either.  The shtein we're being fed by the NFL isn't football.  It's namby pamby PC bullshtein.   What's happened is they've allowed the lawyers and insurance companies to legislate away the excitement of the game by all but disallowing violent contact.  Basically it's glorified flag football and a heavily regulated & sissified version at that. 

General_Failure

Good offenses are still scoring points, and good defenses are still getting sacks without flags. The only thing flags have done is highlight mediocrity.

The man. The myth. The legend.