The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on March 22, 2018, 11:25:55 AM
Traded JPP to the Bucs for picks. Can't quite put my finger on why the Giants would hand him over to the Bucs.

They didn't have the same level of attachment to JPP without his old coaches stumping for him.

Zanshin

They dropped him faster than a firecracker.

General_Failure

Definitely the most explosive deal this offseason.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagaholic

JPP wanted to get off a team with double digit losses. Can't say I blame him. It was a joint decision and he had a hand in it.

Zanshin

Just figured we should mock at least a bit about the Odell situation. So much drama. How much does it suck for the Giants to be in this situation...Dynamic, injury-prone WR with significant off-field questions trying to force his way to be paid franchise QB-type money in the last year of his deal. In today's NFL, I just don't see WR being the sole difference-maker to getting a championship. A factor, sure. But if you're paying him ultra top dollar and a QB top dollar, can you field a viable championship team? That's a tough sell for a guy who will necessarily touch the ball a handful of times a game...and who knows exactly what kind of player he'd be after getting that kind of contract? Talented as he is, I'd never want the guy on the team all things considered. And the Giants want two first rounders for the headache? Yeah, okay. TO was less of a headache, honestly.

phattymatty

he's a drama queen but does he really have off-field problems?  other than possibly being on snapchat smoking a J?

Zanshin

Quote from: phattymatty on March 29, 2018, 10:28:57 AM
he's a drama queen but does he really have off-field problems?  other than possibly being on snapchat smoking a J?

I meant PR problems, more than anything. Perception/reality and all that.

QB Eagles

He is simultaneously the best WR and absolutely not worth whatever he is going to be paid. Not because of his attitude or anything, but just because it's too much to invest into one WR. That's why the Rams rumor makes so much sense. They can afford to overpay in the short term because of the rookie contract QB, and that's a situation where he could legitimately be the difference maker. We gotta hope that doesn't happen.

If he stays on the Giants, he's just a sinkhole of cash, which is what they need to rebuild.

Zanshin

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 29, 2018, 10:32:11 AM
He is simultaneously the best WR and absolutely not worth whatever he is going to be paid. Not because of his attitude or anything, but just because it's too much to invest into one WR. That's why the Rams rumor makes so much sense. They can afford to overpay in the short term because of the rookie contract QB, and that's a situation where he could legitimately be the difference maker. We gotta hope that doesn't happen.

If he stays on the Giants, he's just a sinkhole of cash, which is what they need to rebuild.

Accurate. I'd rather have him on the Giants eating up their cap and shteinting in their locker room. But I'm not sure it totally makes sense for the Rams. They've made a lot of moves for a lot talent with a year left; some combination of those guys are going to have to get paid. I get the "win now" thing they're going for, but if they keep trading, they're going to lose these guys, not have any picks, and have nothing to show for it if they don't win it all this year. It's pretty interesting to watch.

Diomedes

Let's not forget that he's been an outright liability on the field at times.   His mental instability makes him easy to ruffle and provoke, his antics are bad for coaches and other teamates, he draws idiotic penalties that hurt the team.

You don't have to be a choirboy, but you can't be a reality teevee drama show and that's what this kid is.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 29, 2018, 11:08:36 AM
Let's not forget that he's been an outright liability on the field at times.   His mental instability makes him easy to ruffle and provoke, his antics are bad for coaches and other teamates, he draws idiotic penalties that hurt the team.

You don't have to be a choirboy, but you can't be a reality teevee drama show and that's what this kid is.

This^^^^ is where I'm at. I don't really care what athletes do off the field as long as they're not harming others. But he's emotionally unstable and it shows on the field and on the sidelines.

General_Failure

He seems to want to go to the Rams, and the Rams are in "farg you we're getting that ring" mode, so that would probably be a win/win trade for both teams if it were to happen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Zanshin

Quote from: General_Failure on March 29, 2018, 12:10:01 PM
....Rams are in "farg you we're getting that ring" mode.....

taterskins were in that mode forever and won nothing. Just doesn't typically work for one reason or another. It'll be interesting to watch it unfold. I mean, the odds of me even mentioning the Rams in the offseason says something. They're looking to get butts in the those LA seats.

Zanshin

...also, it's pretty clear he wants to go to whomever he thinks will give him the biggest shteinload of money.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger