2010 Sixers Offseason Thread

Started by BigEd76, April 26, 2010, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: SD on October 26, 2010, 11:12:11 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 26, 2010, 10:44:24 AM
actually todays game is better....what hurts the league now is the same thing that hurts every pro league....too many teams

contract five or six teams and todays nba is definitely superior to bird/magic times

the jordan era was actually the worst time for nba basketball ever....mike is gawd but the league was pretty painful to watch for much of the 90's

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree. 80's NBA was the golden age as far as I'm concerned. Teams actually played like a team, there were great rivalries, Defense was an art form, good teams had a clear identity, and eye opening dunks were eye opening because they didn't happen every other play. Jordan was the NBA, so as for your second point I agree. I couldn't stand all the Jordan/Bulls fans that would talk shtein. "Oh, you're a Sixers fan? They  blow, I root for the Bulls". Yeah good for you scumbag, any mindless idiot could hop on a winning teams bandwagon and talk shtein. I blame the Jordan era for a lot of the slop we see today. With Jordan the NBA figured out that marketing a player was huge for the league, then they took that and tried to market every marginal superstar on the planet. This makes for bad basketball because a team is usually a superstar - who gets all the calls - and a bunch of individuals. It's not a fun league to watch anymore.

I agree Jordan may be the worst thing to ever happen to the NBA.  You can look at the numbers all you want fact of the matter is it was a better game.  And I stand by my point on the shooting.  The mid-range jumper is a lost art. 

Talent wise the NBA probably never has been better, doesn't equal a better game. 

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

smeags

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on October 27, 2010, 01:03:56 PM

Talent wise the NBA probably never has been better, doesn't equal a better game. 

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it