Eckel: What's Brian's Song

Started by PhillyPhreak54, August 02, 2005, 09:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.nj.com/eagles/times/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1122970250153220.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

QuoteWide receiver Terrell Owens showed up for Eagles training camp on time, actually almost an hour early. Running back Brian Westbrook never showed up at all.

Now, the question becomes what's more important to the Eagles.

"I don't think I want to answer that," an Eagles source said

QuoteAccording to team sources, they did not have an inkling of Westbrook's plans until late Sunday night and weren't sure of them completely until 3 p.m. yesterday.

The Eagles are believed to have offered Westbrook a five-year deal worth between $18 and $19 million with a $5 million signing bonus and another $1.5 million in guaranteed money next season. That deal would be very similar to one Green Bay gave running back Ahman Green in 2001.

Westbrook, according to those close to him, is more intrigued by the deal New Orleans just gave running back Deuce McAlister this weekend, which averaged $6 million per year and included a $10 million signing bonus

Quote"You know what the problem this team has," a veteran player said. "They makes you promises and don't keep them. They did it to two, or three guys this year alone. That's the worst thing you can do to a player, promise him something and then not come through."

Hmmm....wonder if Hollis was Eck's source on that one? And if that feeling is starting to make its way across the locker room, they better put a stop to it real damn quick and do the appropriate deals.

BobbyT

Going back on your word is never a good thing if this is the case.It seems unlikely with the Eagle brass however. ???
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

PhillyGirl

wait, did Westbrook say they told him one thing and did another? I must have missed that part....
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

chickens are coming home to roost
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 02, 2005, 09:47:17 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2005, 09:46:40 AM
chickens are coming home to roost

Elaborate on your post, please.

Don't do it, IGY!! She already has an idea of what you mean - she just wants you to post it so she can lambast you! Run!! Run for the hills!!

PhillyGirl

Spuds:

QuoteYou know what I think? In the end, the talks will get back on track and Westbrook will get a deal. The Eagles have invested too much time into this for it not to work. Be patient.

This was in response to someone asking him about that "little known rule".

Wingspan

and spads is very objective and tells it how it is :yay
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

spadaro is almost enough to make me not be an eagle fan...jesus he makes me sick...and if he tells everyone to 'be patient' just one more time ill castrate him

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2005, 09:55:31 AM
spadaro is almost enough to make me not be an eagle fan...jesus he makes me sick...and if he tells everyone to 'be patient' just one more time ill castrate him

I am the last person to say anything positive about Spadaro (as most people on here know), but your posts are just as bad....on the other end of the spectrum...so you really have no room to talk here.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2005, 09:55:31 AM

Thats alright, bro. Your doom and gloom and conspiracy theories sometimes make me feel like I want to stab myslf in the eyeballs repeatedly. :P

ice grillin you

i keep it real....realer than an innocent child turn killer

the difference btwn me and spadaro is with me the truth hurts and thats where the hate comes from

where as spads is a corporate phony

Rome

The difference between you and Spadaro is he works for the Eagles in a public relations capacity, has inside information about what's going on, but is precluded from revealing anything of substance to the public.

Meanwhile, you're a retarded jackass who has no idea what the farg you're talking about.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2005, 10:08:35 AM
i keep it real....realer than an innocent child turn killer

the difference btwn me and spadaro is with me the truth hurts and thats where the hate comes from

where as spads is a corporate phony

That is Dave's job. He works for the team. You don't rip your bosses. I wish people would realize that about Spads - he is paid to be pro-Eagle!

PhillyGirl

Quote from: jerome99RIP on August 02, 2005, 10:15:31 AM
The difference between you and Spadaro is he works for the Eagles in a public relations capacity, has inside information about what's going on, but is precluded from revealing anything of substance to the public.

Meanwhile, you're a retarded jackass who has no idea what the farg you're talking about.

Sweet.