The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

they may not acknowlegde these facts but you know this doesn't sit well and joe probably clunked spads in the head with his 5lb pocket protector telling him to get his spin machine moving.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

just for shteins sake the 37.0 rating = around 2.5-3.0 million people. its a broad estimate, but there are 3 million tv households in philly....times that by the 2.5 person per household us average you get the 2.5 number.

of course every bar was jammed up, so maybe knock it closer to 3 mil. a game 7 against the yanks can easily pull in a 60 or 70 rating. but no, fox wants the dodgers. i believe that between 1.0 and 1.5 mil watch the game in LA. and LA has a tv audience two times the size of philly.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

ozzie guillen will join fox for world series pre/post game analysis. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4584487

looks like werth has some competition now for biggest potty mouth. 

ice grillin you

baseball ben berry berry good to me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: sean_sec227 on October 22, 2009, 12:41:03 PM
they may not acknowlegde these facts but you know this doesn't sit well and joe probably clunked spads in the head with his 5lb pocket protector telling him to get his spin machine moving.

ha

reese125

Quote from: MDS on October 22, 2009, 01:50:29 PM
just for shteins sake the 37.0 rating = around 2.5-3.0 million people. its a broad estimate, but there are 3 million tv households in philly....times that by the 2.5 person per household us average you get the 2.5 number.

of course every bar was jammed up, so maybe knock it closer to 3 mil. a game 7 against the yanks can easily pull in a 60 or 70 rating. but no, fox wants the dodgers. i believe that between 1.0 and 1.5 mil watch the game in LA. and LA has a tv audience two times the size of philly.

enough already with your pythagorean theorem on tv ratings---nobody cares--and if you do seek help

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 22, 2009, 01:54:21 PM
ozzie guillen will join fox for world series pre/post game analysis. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4584487

looks like werth has some competition now for biggest potty mouth. 

Maybe he'll replace McCarver by Wednesday.   
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Pythagorean puns rule...

An Indian chief had three wives, each of whom was pregnant.  The first
gave birth to a boy.  The chief was so elated he built her a teepee made
of deer hide.  A few days later, the second gave birth, also to a boy.
The chief was very happy.  He built her a teepee made of antelope hide.
The third wife gave birth a few days later, but the chief kept the
details a secret.  He built this one a two story teepee, made out of a
hippopotamus hide.  The chief then challenged the tribe to guess what
had occurred.  Many tried, unsuccessfully. Finally, one young brave
declared that the third wife had given birth to twin boys.  "Correct,"
said the chief.  "How did you figure it out?" The warrior answered,
"It's elementary.  The value of the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal
to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides."

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

I think someone mentioned on here before, but the ESPN 30 for 30 shows are pretty damn good.

I don't know how many have been aired so far, but I recorded the one about the Baltimore Colts marching band and the USFL. Mike Tollin, from PHL, made the USFL one.

ice grillin you

yeah its awesome....probably the best thing espn has ever done...most likely because espn didnt do it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteSean Salisbury sues Deadspin
Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2009 11:35 PM ET
Last month, Sean Salisbury vowed to sue Deadpin for its history of reports regarding the man better known for his time at ESPN than for his blink-and-you-might-have-missed it tenure as an actual on-field NFL quarterback.

And now Salisbury has made good on this threat and/or promise.

The claim is for defamation, and Salisbury alleges that Deadspin has engaged in a "long-running smear campaign against him."  The factual focal point of the lawsuit -- and likely the only one that will survive the applicable statute of limitations -- is the recent claim from Deadpin that Salisbury was fired by a Dallas radio station for "sexting."  Salisbury has denied the allegation, and a report from at least one other media outlet has undermined the "sexting" claim.

"What we hope to prove is that blog sites like Deadspin are accountable," said Salisbury attorney Todd Harlow, according to the McKinney (Tex.) Courier-Gazette.  "They can't simply attack someone and make a concerted effort to destroy the lives and careers of people without any ramifications.  The difference between other news outlets and Deadspin is at least the other news outlets try to get it right.  We hope to make a statement that if sites are going to behave like this, there are consequences and they are long overdue for that."

But, as Roger Clemens previously learned to his undoubted dismay, the pursuit of a defamation case involves opening a heavy door that can swing back around and strike the plaintiff square in the ass.  Such cases arise from alleged damage to the plaintiff's reputation.  In order to assess the damage properly, the defendant has the right to poke around every closet in the house in search of bones.

Thus, the best pre-suit advice that the plaintiff's counsel can provide is this:  "Think of the most embarrassing thing about yourself, the one thing that you would not want anyone to know.  And then assume that if you file this lawsuit it will be known by anyone and everyone."

It's unknown whether Salisbury received such advice, or if so whether he heeded it.  But it's safe to say that Deadspin will use the legal process to search for as many embarrassing things as it can find regarding Salisbury -- and that at some point any and all skeletons Deadspin finds will be displayed like Halloween decorations at the headquarters of Gawker Media.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteDid Griese just jump into hot water?
Posted by John Taylor on October 24, 2009 1:12 PM ET
So, I'm sitting here watching the Ohio State-Minnesota game, with the Buckeyes leading the Gophers 7-0 in the second quarter.

As ESPN comes back from one of their myriad commercial breaks, they did a promo for tomorrow's NASCAR race by showing the top five drivers in the Chase for the Sprint Cup.  What ensues is... well... I don't know.

You be the judge:

"Where's Juan Pablo Montoya?" asks Chris Spielman incredulously about the Colombian-born driver who is just out of the top five in the standings.

"He's out having a taco," Bob Griese answered.

:-D :-D

PhillyPhreak54

The best pre-game show out there, FOX, has officially jumped the shark.

Michael Strahan is presenting a car to some woman who they gave it away to in a contest. He's going all car salesman on a Sunday morning pre-game show.

Ugh.