Who to start thread 2010

Started by Munson, September 09, 2010, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

It's a Keeper.  I need to lay something aside for winter..  One of these two rookies is going to pay off for me.

Besides, F Harvin.  Headaches and injuries and lol.  He's no DeSean.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I also have Marshawn Lynch stashed in case he is the #1 in BUF or the deal him to GB (or elsewhere)

I am thinking of offering up Forte or McFadden.

I agree with Thawk, but I need a stud WR

Sgt PSN

Offer up McFadden first and see if you get a bite.  He's going to split carries with Bush when he comes back, there's no doubt about that, so his fantasy value pretty much only stands to drop in the next week or 2. 

PhillyPhreak54

He said that all of his WR are open for bids; so I bid on Andre Johnson and Greg Jennings

Michael Turner & Mike Sims-Walker for Andre Johnson
Darren McFadde for Greg Jennings

I could start Mendenhall every week and then play matchup with Forte, Lynch and McFadden should he accept the Johnson deal

PhillyPhreak54

He countered with Andre Johnson for Matt Forte and Jeremy Maclin.

I couldn't hit accept fast enough.

Munson

Well you do have a good track record when it comes to trading for Texans players.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

I'm just saying I've got Andre on my keeper league team and if you jinx him I'll be very upset.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 22, 2010, 09:36:00 PM
He said that all of his WR are open for bids; so I bid on Andre Johnson and Greg Jennings

Michael Turner & Mike Sims-Walker for Andre Johnson
Darren McFadde for Greg Jennings

I could start Mendenhall every week and then play matchup with Forte, Lynch and McFadden should he accept the Johnson deal

Lynch and McFadden aren't starters. you're farged

Munson

Speaking of my keeper league, I was just offered Tim Hightower and Hakeem Nicks for Ahmad Bradshaw. It's a strange league, they wanna keep the top players rotating so you can only keep guys you drafted in the 4th round or later...I don't like it, but I find it interesting. But with that rule I will be able to keep Jahvid Best and Jamaal Charles....so giving up Bradshaw won't be a huge blow.

Diomedes

yeah, take that.

generally speaking two for one deals are only good if you're the one giving two, because it means you found a sucker who will part with his starting caliber player for two semi-starters, and will then have to cut a semi-starter to make room

dumb
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Yeah...this move really only helps me improve my bench WRs. I got Moss and Andre in the first two rounds, and have been using a 3rd RB in my flex position (currently starting P. Thomas, Charles, and Best)...but my WR's behind those two have done nothing so far, and bye weeks are starting next week.

PhillyPhreak54

Pick two/three

Mendenhall
Turner
McFadden

I'm leaning towards Mendenhall and McFadden

Munson

Saints D has been kind of soft the first 2 weeks, and Turner is due to have a breakout game...dunno what the status is on his injury though

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 25, 2010, 08:37:49 PM
Pick two/three

Mendenhall
Turner
McFadden

I'm leaning towards Mendenhall and McFadden

Definitely McFadden because it sounds most like McNabb.  I'm indifferent on your other pick.