Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

When they were trying to run the clock down in the 4th, Blount runs off tackle, the ball starts to wiggle loose with a bunch of Pats around him, he secures it and goes down.

Also from the reverse angle on the Hail Mary, I originally thought what the hell is Robinson doing tipping the ball just let it drop, if you look at the angle from the endzone there's a Pats receiver with his arms stretched out and it looks like he might have caught it if Robinson doesn't tip it away.

Game of inches

ice grillin you

i dont know the hail mary wasnt close at all to me...no patriot ever really had a shot at it....a close hail mary imo is one that goes thru a offensive players hands or something like that...did a patriot even touch the ball on the play?...might have nipped gronk thats about it

i will say that it was a well executed hail mary multiple pass catchers near the ball and an absolutely great throw by brady but it just never came close to succeeding and was much closer to being intercepted than it was being caught
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

hbionic

Exactly, if Robinson doesn't tip it back, it would have been ugly.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

if you cant even get to the ball you didnt have a chance of catching it....have to at least touch it or have it go thru your hands

i understand the thought that its the eagles and they never win so you were nervous but that wasnt one of the top 1000 closest hail marys

MDS

it might not have been top 1000 but it was top 1500 and maybe 1200
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I just clicked through a Bleacher Report slide show of closest hail marys of all time and they had it ranked at 997.

ice grillin you

Don Ho

Quote from: AO1 on February 22, 2018, 02:48:20 PM
Go to the 19:20 mark, Dorsett has a legit shot of catching that

Good God, look at how they all just engulfed Gronk.  McLeod and Graham were two feet above the meathead. 

I have to agree with IGY, it wasn't that close.  IF Darby could learn to hold on to the ball this thing was over.

Oh and let's not forget Amendola fumbled the ball, he fumbled plain and simple, end of subject and I swear Elliot's XP was good.

Jeffery hangs on to that beautiful pass by Foles, they score again and put Pats in deep shtein.

What bionic said, Graham was so close to ending it with a sack.

Watch how much the birds got shots on pretty boy in the first half.  He was getting farged up the first half. 

It was a great game, birds beat a dynasty with the one of the greatest QB's of all time by a backup QB who was almost flawless on the world's biggest stage. It was beautiful, simply beautiful.  I am still on the ultimate high.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

I watched the whole game again this morning.  You'd think we'd get sick of watching it again and again, but nope.  Got the sniffles again at the end.  I still can't believe it. 

QB Eagles

I watch some form of Super Bowl content every day.

Given the amount of time I've spent watching, talking about, and thinking about this team over the last three decades, it would be stranger if I didn't. This is the big payoff.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2018, 08:45:57 AM
if you cant even get to the ball you didnt have a chance of catching it....have to at least touch it or have it go thru your hands

i understand the thought that its the eagles and they never win so you were nervous but that wasnt one of the top 1000 closest hail marys

After the initial jump the ball tips off Mills helmet and is heading towards a diving Dorsett with his arms stretched, Robinson tips it back and away from him. Maybe it looks closer because it's in slow mo but if that ball doesn't get tipped by Robinson Dorsett has a legit shot of making the catch. Watch it from the 19:20 angle then the 19:38 angle. When Robinson tips it it goes back and to the left. Back and to the left.

General_Failure

He tips it back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.