Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2018, 12:22:54 PM
Quote from: Rome on February 13, 2018, 12:20:12 PM
I had no idea how expensive custom framing has gotten.  Jesus... I thought Mrs Rome was going to kick my ass, but she was all in for this one.

michaels forever has 70% off coupons which makes it reasonable....but yeah its pretty ridiculous what framers charge....problem is its a service that you cant duplicate at home so they can charge almost whatever they want

That's exactly where I went.  It was still "holy shtein how much" expensive. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on February 13, 2018, 12:36:01 PM
I frame a lot of my own photos and they look professionally done...or at least I've been told as much

im talking about professional framing and matting....like an actual custom frame....dry mounting...beveled edges shtein like that....you wouldnt need that for an 8x10 photo that you just wanna throw in a ready made frame...that will look perfectly fine...but nice shtein that you want to look top quality and especially news papers are a whole nother animal...

like for special things such as championship newspapers i want my frames to look exactly a like and theres no way im finding a pre made frame in a store that mirrors the frame that my 08 phillies is in...also its impossible to frame a newspaper at home and have it be perfect with no wrinkles all the edges even and completely uniformly flat
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Ha.  I was waiting for that.  Awesome.  I was in the one at the bottom. 

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2018, 01:08:02 PM
Quote from: AO1 on February 13, 2018, 12:36:01 PM
I frame a lot of my own photos and they look professionally done...or at least I've been told as much

im talking about professional framing and matting....like an actual custom frame....dry mounting...beveled edges shtein like that....you wouldnt need that for an 8x10 photo that you just wanna throw in a ready made frame...that will look perfectly fine...but nice shtein that you want to look top quality and especially news papers are a whole nother animal...

like for special things such as championship newspapers i want my frames to look exactly a like and theres no way im finding a pre made frame in a store that mirrors the frame that my 08 phillies is in...also its impossible to frame a newspaper at home and have it be perfect with no wrinkles all the edges even and completely uniformly flat

That's dumb. Make shtein yourself; you're a better person for it

phattymatty

i am in 2 of the 3.

i wonder if there's anyone in the world who was at all 3?

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2018, 12:12:46 PM
in the 90's i had the front page of the inky framed when the phantoms won the calder cup....thats how bad it was and it would be another 10 years before the phils won

I have the Inky front page framed when Schmidt hit 500.

And in an act if good timing, I just happened to get a free SI subscription and my first issue was after the NFCCG. Just got by SB issue on Tue.  That will probably get framed. I'll probably go find Foles at his church when he's a preacher in 5 years and have him sign it.

Rome

General_Failure

Rome

QB Eagles

General_Failure

Eagaholic

Quote from: General_Failure on February 13, 2018, 03:28:46 PM
What would Jesus be doing at a muslim celebration?
Trying to convert them for their own good. Duh.

My favorite moment of the parade - we were outside of the Ritz just opposite City Hall, on concrete about 5 feet above street level. There was a guy with a multicolored spray painted sign that said "Big D!ck Nick" which he held up to the buses as they passed by. Then there were 4 girls about 14 to 16 years old. One took a pic of the others, all smiles and hugging, with City Hall as a backdrop. The dude raises the nick sign behind them for the best photobomb ever. A guy beside me was laughing his ass off and said "those are my daughters and that's still funny as shtein."  Also, Jojo came out and was on a low balcony about 10 yards from me. Apparently he lives there. He took some vids of us and the rest of the crowd.

Sgt PSN

Dude!  You're IN JoJo's phone. Forever. Until he deletes it.  Which probably already happened. You're not in JoJo's phone any more. Loser.