Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 13, 2018, 07:48:50 AM
People have been saying that for a week.  Alshon also said he checked with the line judge before the play who said he was OK where he was.  Not sure you can throw a flag after he got a green light as to his positioning.

There's footage somewhere that shows Alshon talking to the ref too. Non-issue except for whiney Pats fans.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 13, 2018, 08:10:22 AM
not sure why it matters how long people have been saying it.....you could see amendola fumbled during the game...that was two weeks ago

point is both teams got calls...its called sports

not everything goes against the eagles....the point is they actually get calls as well

I'm just happy they let the ticky tack shtein go. They tend to do that in Superbowls - think the refs want to avoid scrutiny - whatever let them play. The rules they keep implementing and enforcing are eroding the game.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

not sure why it matters how long people have been saying it.....you could see amendola fumbled during the game...that was two weeks ago

not everything goes against the eagles....the point is they actually get calls as well

I'm not complaining about the refs.  I think Steratore did a good job.  Just saying the Alshon thing was apparently approved pre-play by the refs.

QB Eagles

If every game was called like this Super Bowl, I don't think there would be much room to complain. Game was reffed with a light touch and with what I thought was common sense.

I don't think neutral fans were sitting at home thinking this game needed more flags. For any Pats fan bitching about the Hail Mary, a play on which any kind of penalty is rarely called, they should take a close look at the last Eagles two point conversion and try to defend that not being PI. 5 point lead vs. 7 point lead was not a minor difference. It was the end of a classic Super Bowl and the refs were looking to let the guys play and get out of there without making themselves a big part of the story.

I thought both teams played a really disciplined game too. That helps.

hunt

neither offensive line held all game long....not even the pats line against the eagles' awesome defensive front.  they must be really good.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on February 13, 2018, 09:07:54 AM

I'm just happy they let the ticky tack shtein go. They tend to do that in Superbowls - think the refs want to avoid scrutiny - whatever let them play. The rules they keep implementing and enforcing are eroding the game.

it helped that there were no defensive players near any pass catchers for most of the game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

SD

lol...point taken

This is still all so surreal...honestly thought I'd die before I saw the Birds win a SB. Still processing hearing sports talk about the Eagles as SB champs.

My living room is all Sixers/Eagles/Flyers/Phillies autographs. I have too many to go through. I'll try to post pics. Anyway, ordered the Philly Special Burton to Foles split screen. Autographed by both players they wanted $499...not autographed $69...I went with the lesser of the two. Only photo that will hang on my wall without an autograph but so be it.

Rome

I had the Inky front page custom-framed.  I'll get it back in a week or so.  Going right next to my Dawk/Sheldon Brown framed poster.

ice grillin you

in the 90's i had the front page of the inky framed when the phantoms won the calder cup....thats how bad it was and it would be another 10 years before the phils won

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on February 13, 2018, 12:00:51 PM
This is still all so surreal

Crazy circumstances (backup vs dynasty), legendary record-breaking game, legendary trick play... even the epic Kelce speech. This is a foreign experience to Philly sports. Yes the Phillies ended our blue balls, but they beat the Rays in a series that even most of the people in Tampa have probably forgotten about.

Anyone who hoped for an Eagles SB like this would have been accused of being ridiculously greedy. We all would have been loving beating the Jags by 25 points with Wentz in a snoozer.

Rome

I had no idea how expensive custom framing has gotten.  Jesus... I thought Mrs Rome was going to kick my ass, but she was all in for this one. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on February 13, 2018, 12:20:12 PM
I had no idea how expensive custom framing has gotten.  Jesus... I thought Mrs Rome was going to kick my ass, but she was all in for this one.

michaels forever has 70% off coupons which makes it reasonable....but yeah its pretty ridiculous what framers charge....problem is its a service that you cant duplicate at home so they can charge almost whatever they want

SD

I frame a lot of my own photos and they look professionally done...or at least I've been told as much