Fantasy Football 2014 - Post your questions but don't answer anybody else's here

Started by SunMo, August 04, 2014, 10:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I'll still finish up in that league because we won our buy in back with the division crown/2nd best record, and we'll get $250 to split for 2nd place, but still....Starting student teaching on January 5th, really coulda used that extra $575 :-D. Buy in for that league is bumping up to $300 next year, so prizes will be a little better too.

Got my buy in back in my main league with a 3rd place finish. Lost the 3rd place game in the other league. CF league farg Rusty.

I put $25 into one fanduel game earlier this year, then put in another $50 to last me the season...am down $10 after tonight's games end. Was up early and then had a bunch of awful weeks. Think I'm gonna play the 2.5 million jaun for the last week, though my early line ups I'm putting together right now don't give me the good feels.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

2 qb league...qbs get 6 pts per td pass. I had the first overall pick and took Luck. Figured I could get another qb late or in the mid rounds. Then they'd go on runs and when it would snake back around there would be better options available. So in the 15th round I was forced to take Alex Smith. At first I was pissed but then I looked up his stats last season and he was a top 20 qb. Watched as much preseason footage as possible and he and Maclin already have a nice chemistry. Add in 3rd round pick Conly who's an athletic freak, Kelce getting more targets, and an improved o line...not to mention Charles...and I'm coming around on the pick. He still has a noodle arm but I think he has a chance to be a top 20 qb again.

Tomahawk

Sgt PSN

Wilson. No homer.

Tomahawk

Muchas danke...I've been playing either one based on matchups, but @SEA had me questioning Wentz who I was leaning toward because their defense is sofa king hurt

SD

2 qb league, 6 pts per TD pass, half ppr. For the chip today against my uncle. He's up 7 with Lamar Miller left and I have St. Nick.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Whoo the hell is Gabe Davis...f'n opponent started this guy and he nearly outscored Kupp....gdamnit

I'm thin at RB...function of drafting late and going with top tier WRs, forsaking the position until later....

who is the better play this week:  Antonio Gibson v. Jax or Rashad Penny v. Denver and why

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I kinda did what you did - focused more on a top QB and WRs and took lesser RBs. Josh Allen was my target QB this year and i have him in the three leagues I am in - paired with Gabe Davis. He's a match up problem and his breakout game was the playoff classic against the Chiefs last season.

Gibson vs JAX would be my play. The Seattle offense is likely going to be dreadful and the Broncos have a decent defense.

SD

Started Allen/Gabe Davis/Knox/Bass in one league pretty happy with the results. Have Diggs in a full ppr and he killed it. So glad I passed on Akers and ARob

Diomedes

I just noticed Taysom Hill was listed as a Q/TE.  He was on the field not a small bit last week. 

What think you of this?  Worth a bottom rung spot, instead of someone like Goedert, or Renfrow? (I don't have to start a TE at all)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger