The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Diomedes

Romo nominated for an Emmy -- Oustanding Sports Personality Sports Event Analyst

hope he wins
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

New ESPN+ App, $5/mo.

Looks like it's a lot of the ESPN3 style content -- some college games, out-of-market MLS soccer, tennis, golf, a bunch of worthless shtein. Zero NBA or NFL, of course. And you don't actually get ESPN... you still need to be a TV subscriber to watch that.

You can add out-of-market MLB and NHL for a cost that looks significantly higher than paying for both MLB.TV and NHL.TV.

Don Ho

Oh good farging God!  Watched We the Fans:Dallas tonight on ESPN.  Good luck guys if you watch this, hopefully you don't punch a hole through the wall or hurt a loved one as you take a nine iron to the TV.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

its like the best sports time of the year and you are watching that?

i watched the caps lose in OT which was just wonderful
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2018, 08:13:06 AM
its like the best sports time of the year and you are watching that?

i watched the caps lose in OT which was just wonderful

It was on at 9:00 PM here.   Watched it for 15 minutes and couldn't take it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Don... I saw the ad for it the other day and thought, oh shtein they really didn't do that, did they?  Sure enough...

Get used to it too with the draft coming up in a couple weeks.  I literally can't wait until the Eagles are announced at 32.

And now, please welcome your Super Bowl LII Champions, the Philadelphia Eagles, with pick #32 of the 2018 NFL Draft!

It will be glorious!

SD

The Birds need to send someone up who will go on a rant like  Drew Pearson did (which was admittedly awesome and ballsy)

MDS

we should send angelo up there....what better to represent the city than a fossilized rhode island troll
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 14, 2018, 09:37:02 AM
what better to represent the city than a fossilized rhode island troll

better than rome?

MDS

ratings this season

flyers - 1.96
sixers - 2.44
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: AO1 on April 14, 2018, 08:21:06 AM
The Birds need to send someone up who will go on a rant like  Drew Pearson did (which was admittedly awesome and ballsy)

Paging Jason Kelce...

smeags

so im streaming WIP off the droid app, its supposed to be decamara and ritchie ...so why I am getting jim rome instead ?

edit - NM, the Phillies are playing and that cant be streamed on the app.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

i've been listening to as much nba talk as i can lately leading up to the draft.  and i can't get past how horrible gargano is.  the guy has a horrible voice, basically grunts his way though the morning & has trouble putting coherent sentences together.  he's like a fat, middle-aged pauly d from jersey shore.  how does this guy have his own show? 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

your first mistake is attempting to get nba draft info from sports radio

the worst part about gargano and the nba is he legit thinks hes an expert on the sport