Started by ice grillin you, May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

we are in the midst of literally the countries longest war ever
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Even though we have long allowed our elected officials to circumvent the core of our democracy, checks and balances, by not requiring an Act of Congress to declare war, we still warred with governments; it was the Vietnam War, Korean War, and Iraq War. Not that killing civilians is ever justifiable, but it was difficult for soldiers to discern enemy combatants from civilians.

We can't say we are at war with Pakistan or Afghanistan; there is no such thing as an enemy combatant.

I do not believe Obama, Bush, or Trump are war criminals, but if Wikipedia's definition of war crime is accurate, a Pakistani could certainly make a legitimate argument that they are; not expecting action to be taken, but in an effort to hold leaders accountable and potentially influence future decisions regarding the cost to kill.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 26, 2018, 03:13:42 PM
BREAKING: Civilians die in wars.

That is a pretty nonchalantly dismissive attitude. U.S. civilians don't die in wars, and thanks to drones, U.S. soldiers barely even do.

Let's declare a War on Guns so the kids shot in school can be innocent civilian casualties instead of victims.

ice grillin you

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i cant tell if this is so brazenly racist that its awesome or if its horrifying

im gonna go horrifying cause the guy was an actual judge and now is a politician ($1 to the person who guesses which party without looking)

https://twitter.com/dallasnews/status/997607121788309505

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 18, 2018, 08:20:46 PM($1 to the person who guesses which party without looking)

The Deplorables!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

At least he's a firm believer in his children turning 35, 40, and 45

phattymatty

at least something good game out of this racist lawyer thing

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/1958657757557672/

smeags

Quote from: phattymatty on May 22, 2018, 07:30:42 AM

at least something good game out of this racist lawyer thing

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisNews/videos/1958657757557672/

Thats awesome on multi levels.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Tomahawk

Never happened before Trump and will never happen again after him

General_Failure

This stuff is definitely new and not a continuous cycle of progress and backlash that's gone on forever.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on May 22, 2018, 11:40:41 PM
This stuff is definitely new.

yeah if you cant see the difference right now then you either choose not to or dont live in america

yesterday in a relatively progressive northern viginia DC suburb that is know for its diversity they found white supremacist flyers posted

Quotehttps://www.splcenter.org/news/2018/02/21/year-hate-trump-buoyed-white-supremacists-2017-sparking-backlash-among-black-nationalist

President Trump's first year in office proved to be just as racially divisive as his campaign — but even more consequential.
"President Trump in 2017 reflected what white supremacist groups want to see: a country where racism is sanctioned by the highest office, immigrants are given the boot and Muslims banned," said Heidi Beirich, director of the SPLC's Intelligence Project. "When you consider that only days into 2018, Trump called African countries 'shteinholes,' it's clear he's not changing his tune. And that's music to the ears of white supremacists."

It was a year that saw the "alt-right," the latest incarnation of white supremacy, break through the firewall that for decades kept overt racists largely out of the political and media mainstream.

Diomedes

One of the bully Milwaukee cops who farged with Sterling Brown in January (paraphrasing):  "I don't follow the Bucks, so I didn't know your famous name."

Sterling Brown:  "It ain't famous until today"

lol