Do you like Christmas?

Started by henchmanUK, December 21, 2004, 01:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like Christmas?

Yes
No

henchmanUK

"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyGirl

I love it too.

But I am so farging sick of Xmas music.  :boom
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

i voted no...for no other reason than i really prefer december 26...when i finally get to relax.  ;)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

Like Christmas itself, cant stand all the crap that goes along with it.

Yeti

I voted yes because I like anything that gives us a reason to be decent to each other.  But standing in lines listening to Yoko Ono yammer out a Christmas tune makes me want to poke my eardrums out with my car keys.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

mussa

Yea I loved it when I was a kid.  Now its turning into the most stressful time of year for me.  Its a love hate love relationship i got going with x-mas.   :boom
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

I hate how commercialized it's become.  I hate reading/hearing in the news about the latest toy that's got adults forking out hundreds of dollars for and literally fighting over in the stores.  I hate the fact that greed is now the driving force behind a holiday that is supposed to promote sharing. 

Geowhizzer

[Burl Ives Voice] It's the most wonderful time of the year.... [/Burl Ives Voice]

Honestly, I love everything about Christmas.  Everything, from decorating to parties to presents (both giving and receiving). 

My wife and I work hard to balance the spiritual meaning of Christmas with the family traditions.  We also work hard to budget our spending and space things out so that it is not overly stressful on us.

mikey418

Quote from: Wingspan on December 21, 2004, 01:24:36 PM
i voted no...for no other reason than i really prefer december 26...when i finally get to relax.  ;)
Ahmen to that...although I thought of it after I posted.  And this Dec.. 26th happens to be a Sunday  ;D
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

Seabiscuit36

I like christmas day as long as i dont have to work, but i cant stand the fargin mall and shopping. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Love it.  Fargin' love it.  Can't wait to see people dig on the cool shtein I found for them over the past year.  Yep, I'm one of those who shops all year, squirreling "the perfect thing" away for December 25.  Great times with family and friends.

Nothing religious about the holiday for my family at all.  Just a time to be together.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

DoomKitty

I don't like christmas.

But, getting gifts is fun lmao  :-D

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

QuoteLove it.  Fargin' love it.  Can't wait to see people dig on the cool shtein I found for them over the past year.  Yep, I'm one of those who shops all year, squirreling "the perfect thing" away for December 25.  Great times with family and friends.

Me and the misses are the same way, we have a christmas bin in the basement for all the cool stuff we find during the year.