Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Had some calamari at this local Thai joint the other day.  The calamari by itself was excellent.  Big, chunky nuggets of it rather than the tiny morsels I'm used to seeing at most resturants.  Served it w/veggies on a bed of white rice.  But what really made the meal was the sauce that came with it......plum sauce I believe it was.  Looked kind of like salsa but had a nice sweet taste to it.  It was amazing. 

ice grillin you

chipotle is having a buy one get one free burrito offer on monday....catch is you have to buy one on the 14th or 15th...then return with the receipt with some chipotle ez form they want you to fill out on Apr 16 to get the free burrito. 

http://www.chipotle.com/email/07-all-105.htm
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

We have a chicken place down here called Maryland Fried Chicken.  It's a step above the usual KFC crap and the chicken is actually pretty excellent.  So this morning I stopped off and got a two piece white meal with mashed potatoes and macaroni salad.

I pick up the order in the drive thru and just arrived back at my office.  I open the bag and there's not only a four piece white platter including two breasts, a wing and a thigh but they also gave me a 10 piece a la cart bucket with it.  I thought that the bag felt heavy but I was in a hurry and didn't bother checking.

So for $4.99, I got 14 pieces of chicken plus the sides.  Woot!

rjs246

That sure is a healthy breakfast you're eating there, Rome.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

I am sure the fried chicken is breathtaking...
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on April 16, 2007, 11:59:57 AM
That sure is a healthy breakfast you're eating there, Rome.

Lunch.  I was up at 5:30 this morning doing some work and I had a bowl of Special K for breakfast.

And yes - it was not only breathtaking, it was also glorious.

PS: The jackals in my office already sniffed it out.  I'm down to four pieces left.   :'(

Seabiscuit36

Went out last Thursday to Walters Steakhouse in Wilmington, DE.  We went with another couple had a blast, plus it was free raw-bar.  I had a gift certificate and figured i'd get Surf and Turf.  The lobster tail was a lot bigger than i figured i'd be getting.  The Fillet was the best steak i've ever had.  It was so moist and soft, it's texture was almost like eating fresh pound cake.  Definitely worth the money if anyone's ever in the area. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I went to Starter's Riverport in Bethlehem Saturday night.  It was a pretty cool place, ton of TV's and two huge ones and the end.  My ribeye was very good.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

There's a Starter's near training camp.  That's where Mr. NC takes the moderators to get drunk.

Susquehanna Birder

Don Ho

Villa Di Roma in South Philly!  Awesome!!!  Best clams, mussells and Eggplant Parm. I've had in years.

9th St. very, very cool.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 16, 2007, 07:52:28 PM
There's a Starter's near training camp.  That's where Mr. NC takes the moderators to get drunk.

I hear there's an excellent go-go bar around the corner.  Some of the strippers even have their own teeth!

PoopyfaceMcGee

phattymatty

i ate at a Qdoba for lunch today.  I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and Chipotle.  so by that I mean it was delicious.