farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcnabbmvp

Cowboys | Sources say Owens, team have reached agreement
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:14:57 -0800

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that the Dallas Cowboys have reached an agreement in principle with free agent WR Terrell Owens (Eagles), according to two sources late Friday, March 17. The sources said a formal announcement is expected within the next few days.
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

Yeti

Did T.O get what he wanted?

More money?
No.

A Superbowl Ring?
No.

Not worrying about Dawkins killing you?
No.

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

SD_Eagle5

ESPN front page

QuoteBREAKING NEWS
Report: T.O. Agrees With Cowboys
Just days after the Eagles released him, Terrell Owens has quickly found a new team. The receiver has agreed to a deal with the Cowboys, according to The Dallas Morning News.

PhillyPhreak54

F Dallas.

F TO.

F Bledsoe.

F Jerrah.

He'll be an absolute STUD in 2006. In 2007 the honeymoon is over and the bullshtein begins.

The BIGSTUD

I don't know about stud. I can't see TO getting over 1,000 yards in 06 or more than 5 TDs. Just can't see it.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MURP

well i must say, i was starting to hate the taterskins more than the Cowboys.  but TO signing with the Cowturds just made sure that didnt happen. 

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: MURP on March 18, 2006, 12:52:01 AM
well i must say, i was starting to hate the taterskins more than the Cowboys.

you may have been thinking that, but deep down we all know you hated the Cowboys more.

General_Failure

Does that guy do anything besides cover Owens?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

Quote from: MURP on March 18, 2006, 12:52:01 AM
well i must say, i was starting to hate the taterskins more than the Cowboys.  but TO signing with the Cowturds just made sure that didnt happen. 

The taterskins and the giants have suddenly become my second favorite teams.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hunt

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 18, 2006, 12:45:08 AM
I don't know about stud. I can't see TO getting over 1,000 yards in 06 or more than 5 TDs. Just can't see it.

huh?  of course he will.  he's an a-hole but you can't deny his production on the field.

anyway, he went to the 1 team i didn't want him to go to....i'm sure he'll have a special td celebration ready when he plays the eagles in the linc.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Geowhizzer

Eh, doesn't surprise anyone...

I'm sure that he'll say all the right things to begin with, at least in respect to his new team.  But it seems that he is a ticking time-bomb.  I don't know if it's just a maturity issue or if there is something emotionally/mentally unstable in Owens, but he seems unable to think far enogh ahead of his present reality, or unable to modify his behavior in view of the future.

However, his meltdown with the Eagles came much faster than it did with the 49ers (or at least it seems so to me).  I'm not sure that it's a given that he'll make it through the season without tearing apart the franchise, even though he "knows" that if he does so he is probably done in the NFL, as he seems unwilling or unable to process that information.

Physically, Owens is a freak of nature.  He'll get his catches and his touchdowns while he plays, no doubt about it.  It's on the sidelines, in the locker room and in the press that his childish "weirdness" takes over.

Seabiscuit36

He's one screwed up guy but a freak of nature when he gets the football in his hands.  Its fine with me he goes to the cowpukes because i dont think he will work with Parcells especially if its true that Parcells doesnt want him and is angry with Jerrah for releasing Meshawn and pursuing TO.  Overpay for him and let him pull apart what they have put together over the past 3 years i say. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic