Your Ultimate Eagles Team?

Started by Zanshin, February 22, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: hbionic on February 24, 2018, 04:40:59 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on February 23, 2018, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: hbionic on February 23, 2018, 05:06:26 PM...Vick ... wouldn't be on any top 10 QB's for anything.

Looked it up.  He's #5 all time rushing TDs for a QB (super bowl era).  Randall is tied for #6.  McNabb is #10.  Three of the top 10 were Eagles.

He's #3 all time QB rushing yards.  Donovan is #7.  Randall, #1.

Thats two different ways that Vick is top ten of all QBs, not just Eagles QBs.

Sorry, I meant to say, he wouldn't be on any of 'MY' top 10 QB's for anything. I know he was one of the best stat wise, but just never felt we could win with him.

Those stats are awesome for a qb that can't throw, and they're basically saying the same thing...Vick was fast af; not a good qb

SD

Obscure team of cast offs. Here for a cup of coffee type guys. Some of them were already mentioned:

QB: Jim Mcmahon/Ken O'Brien
RB: Thomas Sanders
FB: Kevin Turner
WR: Art Monk/James Lofton
WR: Roy Green/Antonio Freeman
G: Guy Mcintyre
C: Raleigh Mckenzie/Steve Everitt
TE: Bavarro/Pat Beach
DE: Burt Grossman/Greg Townsend
DT: Fridge
DT: Keith Millard
DE: Richard Dent/Tim Harris
LB: Vaughn Johnson
LB: Bill Romanowski
S: Greg Jackson
CB: Charles Dimry
K: Matt Bahr/Eddie Murray

I'm bored and tired of thinking, please feel free to add your own

Don Ho

^^^that is some good shtein^^^

Greg Jackson was a beast.  That's an impressive lineup.  I almost had Romanowski down on my list. 

Don't forget Dorsey Levens at RB.

WR: Art Monk/James Lofton
WR: Roy Green/Antonio Freeman

Damn that is an awesome group of receivers, yes they were all at the end of their careers but it was awesome seeing them play for the birds.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

Guy on no one's list so far who arguably had a better career than Westbrook (within 200 receiving yards, 700 more rushing yards) was Charlie Garner.  He was a good change of pace back in philly but was legit after he left.

QB Eagles

He was always caught up behind Ricky Watters and Duce. My teenage self thought he was better than either of them, and would have showed that if given the same opportunities.

Eagles almost never have a shortage of talent at RB. Only when Chip is picking players.

Diomedes

For real, the string of RB talent in Philly is pretty outrageous.  Basically one stud after another for decades.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

And just look at how many were stuck with a coach that didn't want to run the ball.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

except that one year when injuries crushed them and they were running Darnell autry and Chris Warren out there. Who was the third guy they were using sometimes that year because they had to?

Also, totally forgot about Leonard Weaver until just now.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on February 25, 2018, 12:02:10 PM
Also, totally forgot about Leonard Weaver until just now.

That injury was crushing because I thought he was going to be a big part of the Eagles offense for a long time. Loved that guy.

They trotted out a lot of garbage guys in that Autry year. I remember Amp Lee just because of his name, but there were a bunch of guys they tried.

Munson

Amp Lee lol....and I think they had Stanley Pritchett that year too? Did Chris Martin get hurt too or were they using Pritchett as a swing guy?

Yeah I remember being excited about having Weaver too. That injury sucked.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

The Duce/CBuck/Westy year was fun to watch.  CBuck was pretty damn good when the glue held his knees together.

Don Ho

Don't forget Eric Bieniemy to that crowded, patchwork backfield in 2000.  Can't recall Bieniemy doing much.

I think IGY had Charlie Garner on his list.  I'll never forget his first game at SF in 1996 and he went off.  That was the game the birds D beat the shtein out of Steve Young.  Think final score was 40-8.  Garner had a nice run with the Raiders.

Did anyone mention DE William Fuller?  I think he made the pro bowl every year as a bird.  Came from Oilers and only played with birds for three years maybe?  I remember Fuller destroying the niners O Line that day, even Andy Harmon had a great game.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on February 25, 2018, 05:24:10 PM
I think IGY had Charlie Garner on his list.

yup

the original weapon x
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Don't try and use comic book talk.

ice grillin you

actually his was for baileys crossroads which was the neighborhood he grew up in
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous