Your Ultimate Eagles Team?

Started by Zanshin, February 22, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on February 22, 2018, 09:57:55 PM
If the idea is, the player at the top of his game, Andrews should be on every squad.

so should richard dent and cris carter
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

fair point

Dio's Ultimate Eagles Team, v.1.1

qb -  wentz, randall, vick
rb -  westbrook, mccoy, duce, montgomery
wr - Desean, TO, carmichael, quick, fryar, carter
te -  ertz, jackson
ol - peters, runyan, andrews, welbourn, thomas, sisemore, walters, herremans, mathis, jackson
de- reggie, kearse, clyde, cole, clemons, douglas, dent
dt - cox, brown, simon, golic, thomas
lb -  joyner, evans, romanowski, bergey, emmons
cb - vincent, taylor, allen, sheldon, edwards, lito
s -  dawk, waters, jenkins, hopkins
special -  akers, landeta, bartrum
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

if youre going by that then i also want prime art monk and prime herschel

not to bring a silly thing like this to extreme minutia but you should get the peak eagles version of said players
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

monk wouldnt be half the player he was in todays nfl and he was mad overrated to begin with

MDS

oh i want raiders namdi assumwa too
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The list starts with Concrete Charlie.  Shame on all of you for forgetting that magnificent bastich. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on February 23, 2018, 09:46:57 AM
The list starts with Concrete Charlie.  Shame on all of you for forgetting that magnificent bastich.

he wouldnt make a good college team today

Rome

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Oh.  In that case he still belongs, so farg you. 

Diomedes

Shouldn't you be mounting a gun safe in a secret cubby next to your bed or fiddling with a trigger lock right now?

Rome

I already have a gun safe, you hippy.  Lol.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2018, 09:51:08 AM

chuck bednarik is the same size and weight as kiko alonso

also you never saw him play

he of course belongs on any all time eagles list but was 55 in 1980

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on February 23, 2018, 11:30:50 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 23, 2018, 09:51:08 AM

chuck bednarik is the same size and weight as kiko alonso

also you never saw him play

he of course belongs on any all time eagles list but was 55 in 1980

kiko is athletic....bednarik was small and slow thats no way to go thru life much less todays nfl....also he didnt play against black people...his birthday is not his fault but that automatically eliminates him...in short he probably would have been an all american at IUP

QB Eagles

Realistically the overwhelming majority of guys who played in the 80s and 90s would not have the combination of size and speed required to play OL or DL if you dropped them into today's NFL. Training and nutrition have gotten a million times better, and the body types required to play the positions have become much more closely defined.

A lot of skill guys could compete. But go back to the 60s-70s and a lot of those guys would be garbage in today's NFL too. Yes, even the black guys.