Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Lol @ all of this. ACL tears aren't even career killing for a RB anymore, much less a QB.  I'm not saying he'll be the exact same player when he comes back, but I don't think there will be much drop off, if any.  It's somewhat of a freak accident that he even tore it. ACL tears typically occur from excess pressure and torque/twisting.... like when trying to make a quick cut or run a seam route in the Vet.  The way he was injured is kind of a good thing. One of the biggest hurdles coming back from this is regaining confidence in the knee. Had he torn it trying to deke sometime, he might be more hesitant to try it again.  He tore it diving forward so maybe he starts sliding more. 

hbionic

lmao @ "running a seam route at the Vet".

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 13, 2017, 10:59:31 PM
Lol @ all of this. ACL tears aren't even career killing for a RB anymore, much less a QB.  I'm not saying he'll be the exact same player when he comes back, but I don't think there will be much drop off, if any.  It's somewhat of a freak accident that he even tore it. ACL tears typically occur from excess pressure and torque/twisting.... like when trying to make a quick cut or run a seam route in the Vet.  The way he was injured is kind of a good thing. One of the biggest hurdles coming back from this is regaining confidence in the knee. Had he torn it trying to deke sometime, he might be more hesitant to try it again.  He tore it diving forward so maybe he starts sliding more. 

Agree with this. That was one of the odder ACL tears in recent memory. I remember when Randall was coming back from his, he said the same thing that regaining confidence in his knee was the biggest hurdle.

Still the oddest ACL tear in the history of the league. This is when ACL tears weren't as common as they are now. The way his legs just buckle when he tries to go up for the ball is nuts. Great commentator comment while Davis is holding his knees "looks like he pulled a hamstring". I don't know how they let athletes play on the Vet surface as long as they did. Turf in general should have been outlawed but if you ever walked on the Vet turf it was like softer concrete with no give.

9:25 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yNQqak6HM

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on December 14, 2017, 07:25:08 AMThis is when ACL tears weren't as common as they are now.

I think they've always been pretty common. They just weren't perceived as impactful because the guys wouldn't get the surgery, and would often play again on the torn ACL. There are guys like Thurman Thomas and Joe Namath who played their whole careers on torn ACLs. Sometimes guys hid them and their career declines were never linked to their knee injuries. I think Logan Mankins did that a few years ago. Kinda makes me wince to think about it.

The definite career enders were complete knee exploders like what happened to Teddy B, and that can still be a career ender today. I don't even know if what happened to Wendell Davis was ACLs. I know he lost both tendons, but it could have been both. His knees were completely farged.

ice grillin you

wendell davis tore both patella tendons

Eagaholic

For those feeling optimistic about Wentz's injury, I heard Doug say earlier in the week they think it could have been a noncontact injury occurring before the collision. After re-watching I didn't see that, but that was their take.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 14, 2017, 12:03:48 PM
wendell davis tore both patella tendons

QuoteHis career effectively ended on October 10, 1993, in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. While planting his feet to catch an underthrown deep ball from QB Jim Harbaugh, his cleats got stuck in the Astroturf at Veterans Stadium. The force of being pulled back to the ground was so severe that it completely severed the patella tendon in each of his knees. Doctors later found his kneecaps had been pushed all the way into his thighs. He spent several months in a wheelchair, with his legs encased in casts from thigh to ankle.

Ouch

PhillyPhreak54

And then only a few years later Buck would tear his patella's and they'd JB Weld them and stitch it with bailing wire and he was fine.

But hey - Doc Havas, who said Darby was done for the year, is on the case.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 14, 2017, 03:26:23 PM
And then only a few years later Buck would tear his patella's and they'd JB Weld them and stitch it with bailing wire and he was fine.

But hey - Doc Havas, who said Darby was done for the year, is on the case.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

im positive carson will come back
run like randall
throw like montana
and win tons of superbowls

GOOOOOOOO TEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM!!

Zanshin

You really struggle finding middle ground. Life must be tough when everything only appears to be the best or the worst. Most often, it's neither.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 14, 2017, 03:36:16 PM
im positive carson will come back
run like randall
throw like montana
and win tons of superbowls

GOOOOOOOO TEEEEEEEEAAAAAAM!!

You sound like Trumps wack doc

smeags

im just happy to hear that wentz will not only be back to his level of scrambling/running, he'll look like randall out there.   :yay :yay :yay
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

I'm concerned about the amount of time he'll spend in a tanning bed if that's the case.

The man. The myth. The legend.