Re: Random Gun Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, May 24, 2011, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

http://time.com/5186040/sherrilyn-ifill-black-children-classroom/

As important as enacting gun safety laws is, it should take a backseat to legislating away the policies that create the school-to-prison pipeline.

Has anyone seen Notes from the Field?

ice grillin you

i dont know why and it shouldn't bother me but her playing all the different characters annoyed the shtein out of me....i know her heart is in the right place but it felt just as much a showcase for her as it did the topics at hand

a billion times better is ava duvernays 13th and of course im not your negro is just staggering although that is about race in general not specifically the prison system altho its very relevant
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 13, 2018, 07:29:51 AM
i dont know why and it shouldn't bother me but her playing all the different characters annoyed the shtein out of me....i know her heart is in the right place but it felt just as much a showcase for her as it did the topics at hand

a billion times better is ava duvernays 13th and of course im not your negro is just staggering although that is about race in general not specifically the prison system altho its very relevant

Every time I watch 13th, I find something to be disgustingly astonished by

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Sgt PSN

Major levels of incompetence when gun negligence is the least disturbing part of the story.

QuoteShortly after the incident, class resumed as usual.

The teen's father, Fermin Gonzales, said he rushed his son to the hospital after the 17-year-old returned from school with blood on his shirt and a neck injury.

"He's shaken up, but he's going to be OK," Gonzales told KSBW. "I'm just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it."

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Another school shooting in Maryland

Thoughts and prayers

Diomedes

Whoever bought the gun used in this shooting should go to prison.

edit:  I want gun owners held responsible for what happens to their guns.  You want to buy a gun, you pass the rules to get it, fine.  But that's not the end of it.  If you don't secure the weapon, and your kid scoops it up off the coffee table, or you leave it unsecured anywhere, even inside your home, then as far as I'm concerned, you're partially responsible for any shooting/use of weapon in a crime.

I don't understand how anyone who fails to keep a weapon stored safely can be considered a responsble gun owner.  The law ought to require that gun owners take reasonable measure to prevent the weapon falling into the hands of anyone else, and simply locking your front door isn't enough.

Rome

I have mine in a gun safe inside a larger safe.  Someone could definitely break in and steal my shtein no matter what I do.  I guess if my Glock is used in a crime, I should go to the joint too, though, just to make DIO feel better. 

Diomedes

You should go to jail for more fundamental reasons than any particular crime.

But no, if you lock your shtein up, use trigger lock, etc...then a burglary should not count.  But if the burglar kick in a window only to find your precious glock under your pillow then yes, farg you, go to jail.

smeags

if trump were only in the area, he would've stopped this maniac.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: Rome on March 20, 2018, 10:16:25 AM
I have mine in a gun safe inside a larger safe.  Someone could definitely break in and steal my shtein no matter what I do.  I guess if my Glock is used in a crime, I should go to the joint too, though, just to make DIO feel better.

Unless you're away on a long vacation someone isn't breaking into two safes and stealing your gun. The point I'm making is how you're storing your firearm is responsible. The point I think Dio is trying to make - and one in which I 100% agree with - is shooters aren't breaking into safes to steal guns, they have ridiculously easy access to obtain them already. The problem lies in gun owners are irresponsible and are not liable when they leave their weapon unattended and some idiot/kid/teen/small child shoots someone. Life just goes on, the NRA nuts come out of the wood work, someone posts the story from 2014 when the Chinese guy killed 30 people with knives, rinse/repeat. There needs to be accountability for gun owners. I should have to had to taken a safety course, passed a test, had an extensive background check and had to register my weapon yearly. That would hold me accountable if my weapon was used in a crime. Instead I can drive 10 minutes over to Harry's gun shop and buy a gun because it's my "right".  The 2nd amendment is absurd and guns need to be regulated.