TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I watched a few episodes of Bojack Horseman. It didn't have my undivided attention so it's hard to say if I like it at this point. I get the gist of the show and what it's going for. So I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide whether I'll stick with it. In some ways it reminded me of a less obnoxious Family Guy (which I hate) but with a darker comedic tone and more subtle humor.

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on December 07, 2017, 09:12:09 AM
I watched a few episodes of Bojack Horseman. It didn't have my undivided attention so it's hard to say if I like it at this point. I get the gist of the show and what it's going for. So I'll give it a few more episodes before I decide whether I'll stick with it. In some ways it reminded me of a less obnoxious Family Guy (which I hate) but with a darker comedic tone and more subtle humor.

less obnoxious ? oh just you wait.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on December 07, 2017, 09:12:09 AM

the first half of S1 is very much like family guy but it really improves from there. gets deeper, darker and more meaningful. S2 is flawless. S3 is very good. S4 is basically on pair with 2.

i think its the best thing going on tv now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

while I wouldn't put the show "that" high up, I do enjoy bojack. may have to run through the series again over the holidays.

also, im on the 11th season of trailer park boys, show is an absolute train wreck. they take the WT trailer park stereotype and run with it.

SD

I will say this, the voice casting is top notch. Aaron Paul as a stoner kid on the couch is spot on.

MDS

wendie malick in s4 as bojacks mom is emmy worthy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

TWD is the worst show on television. They dragged the Negan storyline out for two seasons, really nothings happened. They've had jump the shark moments here and there, but they went full on Fonzi on water skis waving jts with the Carl death. What a stupid show. I'm out, I say this now but I'll probably forget I wrote this and how awful the show is and tune in when it comes back on out of boredom.

smeags

haven't watched an epd of this season. the negan story should've ended when the tiger attacked him.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

landry from FNL is engaged to kirstin dunst.

QB Eagles

Quote from: phattymatty on December 13, 2017, 10:42:12 PM
landry from FNL is engaged to kirstin dunst.

So it's basically the Blumquists from Fargo.

ice grillin you

they were engaged a while ago....he just put a seedling in her
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

just finished gunpowder....hbo's new mini series on the gunpowder plot of 1605 in england...very well made and really good if you are into this kind of history...otherwise may play boring....in fact i probably wouldnt have even checked it out if it were not a true story

speaking of the story the moral of it is 'holy shtein religion sucks'

SD

El Chapo season 2 dropped. 3 episodes in, it's decent so far.

Mind hunters is next

ice grillin you

I'm a serial killer nerd but mind hunter is so farging good