World (Vegas) Travel Thread

Started by hbionic, July 25, 2005, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

im not dying for france or anything and if i never go id be fine but it seems dope...if nothing else youd get amazing food

however i dont know if there is anywhere in the world id rather go less than london
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

You're missing out.  London is fantastic. 

I "worked" pushing paper for a French owned corporation for several years.  Granting that the organization--lucrative and profits obsessed-- likely attracted the worst people imaginable, I still can't find a way to like French people or want to go to their country after that experience. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

just from studying it and hearing about it (my sister lived there for a school year) from various people including people who love it london doesnt seem like it would crack the top 5 or 10 best american cities for me....i dont need to travel for that

my european rankings

1. italy/spain/greece in any order
2. scandinavia in any order
3. france
4. amsterdam/switzerland

everything else in europe eh....no need

hbionic

London is cool because of the iconic stuff. You have to see it at least once. I got a bigger kick from Kensington Palace than Buckingham Palace. There's a lot we still left on the table, you can only do so many things in a few days. London is cool if you're into some of the English culture as well. We took a trip to Liverpool and watched the Reds at Anfield. A family thought I was Mo Salah and took a picture with me and asked me to autograph their jerseys. I'm not a complete funhole, so I saved their jerseys from my ink. I also caught a West Ham match at London Stadium. I'm into the soccer so it was a bonus for me.

I got lucky and didn't have the rude service or attitude that people say the French usually have. But I'm sure if I was there longer, than maybe I would, and I think it only has to do with the language thing. But France is one of those places you're surprised you liked it more than you thought you would.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

yeah to each their own....everyone has different tastes...like i said i know a lot of people that love london but all those things you mentioned literally do nothing for me....id piss on the steps of kensington palace and farg english culture

Diomedes

lol...we all know you're reading Jane Austen at bedtime.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Greece is amazing.  It's the wellspring of Western culture plus it's incredibly beautiful.   

Susquehanna Birder

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: hbionic on October 04, 2018, 10:46:36 AM
A family thought I was Mo Salah and took a picture with me and asked me to autograph their jerseys.

Lmaoooo

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

My wife and I have talked about doing a cross-country train ride.  It would be a fun way to see the country.

Diomedes

I once took Amtrak from NYC to Chicago.  Never again.

On heavily travelled commuter lanes, the train is awesome.  Everywhere else, it's hell.  They don't have rights to any of the rails; the freight companies do.  You have to stop and let cargo trains pass the whole time.  It sucked.   Constant unexplained stops and delays. 

phattymatty

just took a two week eurotrip all on the eurorail.  hamburg - berlin - copenhagen - amsterdam.  the trains seem even nicer now than they were last time I was there.

amsterdam still my favorite place in the world although copenhagen was surprisingly fun.  crazy nightlife scene. was never really on my list of spots but is fairly close to hamburg so we checked it out for a few days. 

our entire train drove onto a ferry to cross the water from germany to denmark...it was pretty dope.

Rome

Going to Ireland in September.  England too.   Skipping the continent this time.   Paris/South of France next summer if all goes well.   My daughter is doing her summer internship there, so perfect timing.

hunt

Quote from: Rome on June 19, 2019, 11:55:32 AM
Going to Ireland in September.  England too.   Skipping the continent this time.   Paris/South of France next summer if all goes well.   My daughter is doing her summer internship there, so perfect timing.

i'm heading to ireland in september as well.  maybe we can hang out, buddy.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is