Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

I liked it but didn't enjoy the last 20 minutes.  There's my detailed review.

smeags

I liked the movie. Some of what you brought up SD, left me not thinking better of it. Not nearly as good as R1, but certainly better than FA.

Go force ?

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

The further I get away from seeing the movie the more I hate it. Die Rian Johnson. No lie I like the prequels better.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on December 18, 2017, 08:34:46 AM
No lie I like the prequels better.

i havent see the prequels but this cant be possible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

he's clearly hyperboling, because that's like saying caddyshack 2 is better than the original.

Eagles_Legendz

The further I get away from seeing the movie the more I hate it. Die Rian Johnson. No lie I like the prequels better.

I'm the other way.  I saw it at 2pm Saturday and while I have issues with a few things, the movie stuck with me in my head a bit over the weekend which is more than R1 or TFA did.  Thought Driver was fantastic in this after being meh on him in TFA.

smeags

have to agree the kylo's character def took it up a notch. they gave driver more to work with for sure.

movie seemed detached at times but other than that thought it was solid. the blade of grass scene was a legit LOL moment.

SD

I know I wrote a lot in the spoilers so it's understandable if you read it and it was glossed over but the one bright spot I saw in the film was Kylo's character and Adam Driver's performance. Two things I hated from TFA.

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 18, 2017, 08:35:57 AM
No lie I like the prequels better.

i havent see the prequels but this cant be possible

Not lying. I caught some of the prequels on TNT over the weekend. As lame and bad as they are I'll take them over the shtein they threw on screen in TLJ. The prequel CGI is video game level at this point in time, the acting is horrible, and they butchered a lot of things, but at least they kept the story within the spirit of the originals and didn't deviate from the main story. They really wrote themselves into a corner with TLH. Wasn't a fan of TFA, but at least JJ set up some intrigue and questions for TLJ, Rian Johnson destroyed that in a 10 minute scene. Up to that point in the movie I was liking what I saw.

smeags

so what you're saying is, TLJ was 90% awesome but fizzled during the last 10%.

SD

Quote from: smeags on December 18, 2017, 11:22:59 AM
so what you're saying is, TLJ was 90% awesome but fizzled during the last 10%.

No...it was going along fine up until the scene in Snoke's throne room. Then it became a jumbled, obnoxious mess. The ending was just the icing on the cake. They took a mega shtein on the OTs.

Rome

SD

Rome

smeags

Rome

Haha.  I still haven't see it for the second time yet.  I think I'd already seen TFA 3 times and R1 twice in the same period of time.   I really don't have an overwhelming desire to plunk down $20 to see it again either.